ArmyGrl

MOC11_WhereILive_SanAntonioTX

MOC11_WhereILive_SanAntonioTX
ArmyGrl, Jan 11, 2022
Description:
Created for MOC 2022 Day 11 - Where I Live

Journaling (323 words according to Word)
I am not a S.A. native, just a Soldier who has spent 11 out of 24 years here. As such, if I absolutely had to limit S.A. to three places for a tourist to visit, my top three are:

1. The San Antonio Botanical Gardens. Through 24 years I have watched this place grow into a World Class Garden. From the Culinary Garden to the Exhibit Room full of orchids, to the Fern Gully and Texas Native Trail, around the East Texas Pineywoods and Lake, to the Hill Country a with field full of wildflowers, and ending at the Rose and Old Fashioned Gardens, I recommend every millimeter of these gardens and all the diversity and art exhibits they have to offer.

2. The Mission Trail. San Antonio is known for the River Walk and Alamo. Of course you will stop by and see those. But really, it’s the Mission Trail you need to tour. I recommend splitting your day in two because much of the Mission Trail is in FULL sun. The scorching sun and heat show no mercy. Wake up early to catch the golden hours of sunlight. Swing by Mission Concepcion first thing. Then, take a leisurely tour of Mission San Jose and its surrounding property which is almost a living history museum. Be sure to walk over to Hot Well Springs and San Juan Damn. On day two, park at Mission Espada. Tour the grounds then take a leisurely stroll along the San Antonio River to Mission San Juan and back.

3. Pearl Brewery on Farmer’s Market Day. The Pearl is a must for foodies. And you need more than one meal here!!! I am an absolute fan of Lorraine Bakery and their macaroons. But there are also coffee shops and an independent bookstore. There is Asian inspired food, food fusion, as well as a tase of Texas barbeque. The arts soho vibe is alive here – and its amazing!

More than 5 location inspired items:
2 different geo tags
2 different map brushes
2 different arrows
1 globe
1 airplane

Created with
-Micheline Lincoln 35mm
-Sahin Designs Tourist elements + papers
    • Karen
      Uh... you could absolutely write for the chamber of commerce for SA with this layout! I love it all and now I want a macaron!
    • LynnG
      You make me want to visit :-)
    • flowersgal
      Well I have been to San Antonio a couple of times but your journaling and photos make me want to go back. Lovely layout.
    • jk703
      Amazing - the writing, the design, the photos, and now I'm coming! lol! Your pages always amaze me, I love your style! Beautifully done, and I'm so glad you shared!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    ArmyGrl
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).