trekmom

Little Butterfly Wings Template Challenge Monarch 2021

Little Butterfly Wings Template Challenge Monarch 2021
trekmom, Sep 19, 2021
Description:
I used the kit from Little Butterfly Wings called Kind Hearted.
This is the first time I have ever grown a monarch caterpillar. I bought the Butterfly Weed inside with the teeniest little egg attached to it (put the plant in water and covered up the water, was afraid it would drown!) and and a few days later, a tiny caterpillar emerged. Then when I added more Butterfly weed, I had a second. The chrysalis photo is a tad blurry because I am afraid to mess with it too much. I think today might be the day for the first one to emerge. The extracted Monarch is one from outside. Seriously, there is a VERY good reason the kid's book is called The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Holy Moley, be still my Italian mom's heart, these things can eat ain't nobody's business.
    • mcurtt
      Oh wow! Fabulous closeup! I like what you did with the template, moving parts of it over to the right to work with your background pic. And those doodles are just perfect. :-) Thanks SO MUCH for participating in Val's September template challenge. :woohoo
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @mcurtt Thank you so much! Guess what? The butterfly hatched yesterday! I'm setting it free today, it's magnificent. Yes, I'm taking photos.
      G.J. and mcurtt like this.
    • mcurtt
      @trekmom You will have to tag me on any layouts you create. :-)
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @mcurtt so, releasing the kraken, uh, butterfly was hilarious. The second chrysalis was almost on the zipper of the container so I had to be super careful when releasing. My idiot cat, Ernest always tries to escape and we must have missed his giant, chonky self leaving. I get the butterfly gently on my hand and it's off like a bullet shot. Only one photo to be had. We go back inside. An hour later, I need to pick up a prescription and who's sauntering up the front walk way like he's a dancer in a Michael Jackson video? Frigging Ernest. He must have gone off to fight with a stray cat and tell them off because he was filthy dirty. Last night he cried at the door on and off all night as if I was going to actually let him out! What a doofus.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @trekmom Hoping Ernest didn't make a meal out of said butterfly. LOL. Glad you were able to get at least one photo in. :-)

We used to have cats, at one point three living somewhat peaceably together. We only had one male ever, his name was Pumpkin. The most mellow, sweetest guy you'd ever want to meet. But he preferred going outdoors to do his duty rather than using the litter box. He would stand at the front door & meow so we'd let him out, then in a few minutes he'd meow to be let back in.
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @mcurtt I hear you about the cat who wants only out. My 3 other cats don't know about the great outdoors and never will. Ernest was a stray that decided he lived here. He wasn't neutered or vaxxed so we got the job done and the vet said to let him back outside where we found him but there was 3 feet of snow out there and he was still groggy from all the meds. My oldest fell in love. Now, he's my cat. He's a handful.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • G.J.
      Fabulous! I used to watch pretty close to these kind of caterpillar when I was child and we used to spend our holidays at the south, I found pretty interesting that you caught all the process, please tag me on your layouts, I would love to see them. Super beautiful and unique page, this is for me a September Froggy Faves
    • ArmyGrl
      Congratulations on the Froggy Fav! And thank you for sharing this beautiful butterfly in waiting with us!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Little Butterfly Wings
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    Sep 19, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).