Mingo08

Gigi-the-Merpig

Gigi-the-Merpig
Mingo08, Jul 31, 2021
Description:
For the July 2021 Scrapping With Liz template challenge.

Using Sahin Designs "Mermaid Dreams" kit and my favorite beach alpha - Allison Pennington's May '16 BYOC "Knotty by Nature Nautical Bits."

Yes, I sewed the pig. The obvious pig parts were the fabric panel we got for the fabric store where I work (The Yellow Door). The pink scale fabric I just fashioned into a fish body/tail. The unused pig panel made the pink "tail" bit, and there are corkscrews there, too. I appliqued the blue water/koi pieces over the brown spots on the original panel and hand beaded the join between the pig and scales.

The "county fair" idea took a lot longer than expected - the panels were delayed in shipping. Customers purchased the panels and were to "transform" their pig in some way. Put another way, they were to put lipstick on the pig, or make a silk purse from a pig's ear. The shop intends to "judge" the entries the first week of August, 2021. Mine won't count - I just got an early panel and was able to make mine as an "inspiration" piece. She' on display (in that black candle stand) at the shop. LOL!
mirjam likes this.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      That's so creative!

And you are on a roll with your scrapping!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @Scrapping with Liz - Thanks! We travel north for the summer and south for the winter. When I'm not at home, I usually get more time to work on things. It's one of the reasons my scrapping went digital. Things like this pig project tend to get in my way.... LOL!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scrapping with Liz
    Uploaded By:
    Mingo08
    Date:
    Jul 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    643 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).