Cherylndesigns

July Monthly Muse Week 1 {The Dark Sea}

July Monthly Muse Week 1 {The Dark Sea}
Cherylndesigns, Jul 7, 2021
Description:
The background of my page is a photograph I took immediately after Hurricane Dorian blew through Ft. Myers Beach, FL, on September 2, 2019. Our family gathered in a suite right on the beach to ride out the hurricane together. As soon as it was safe, the kids and I headed out to take pictures. I had never seen a sky like this one! You could hardly see where the water ended and the sky began. There was NO beach - the water was right up next to the hotels. We encountered lots of scenes that we'd never seen, along with the most spectacular sunset that I'd ever seen - that will come later on in my July Monthly Muses. It was an experience that I'll never forget. This is a "now and then" page.

Everything I used is from the M3June19 Main Kit.
AJK, KittyY and Dalis like this.
    • Dalis
      This is amazing, wow, thanks for the explanation That sky is something special.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Dalis Thanks, Dalis! I had to include the back story - I've NEVER seen a sky like that!!
      Dalis likes this.
    • KittyY
      I love this funky look and that sky........WOW
    • Cherylndesigns
      @KittyY Thanks, Kitty! It was an amazing sky for sure!!
      AJK likes this.
    • marijke
      Fabulous photo and love the blending!
      Wonderful take on the challenge Cheryl.
    • ArmyGrl
      Thank you so much, Cheryl for sharing that picture with us. Holy smokes, it is an AMAZING sky - the photo is museum quality. I could spend an hour for sure staring at it.

Your now and then layout is nothing short of spectacular too! Its an amazing life - kind of like Mary Poppins - where are the winds of change going to blow us to?
      Cherylndesigns and AJK like this.
    • AJK
      Your description of the waters reminds me of the verse in Habakkuk ;) Being near the ocean is awe-inspiring. Great representation here! And I like your hat!! :D
    • Cherylndesigns
      marijke likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @ArmyGrl Thank you for your wonderful comments, Lisa. I knew you'd totally get where I was coming from. I may be wearing a western hat now, but the sea is still in my heart and soul. I've been waiting for just the RIGHT time to share these photos, and this is the time! Thanks for always coming up with such wonderful muses!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    • Cherylndesigns
      @AJK Thanks so much, Amanda! I'm a cowboy baby, but still a beach comber. I've honestly never seen skies like these and I'm excited to share my photographs this month.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 7, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    172.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).