RJMJ

Art Journaling-Monthly Muse-June 2021-Week #1-Value In Your Scars

Art Journaling-Monthly Muse-June 2021-Week #1-Value In Your Scars
RJMJ, Jun 6, 2021
Description:
The Art Journaling MM's Are Always Thought Provoking! & Interesting!...This One Is No Different!...I Read It All Over A Few Times!...Trying To Get A Feel! For The Subject Matter!...And I Kept Going Back To The Same Line...: 'The Scars Have Value:...But For My Page...I Wanted It To Be A Bit More Personal!...So I Went With : My Scars Have Value!...This Line Really Resonated With Me!...The Idea That Our "Scars" Have Value...Is Something I Have Thought As Well Over The Years!...For Myself...I Have Been On My Own Journey Of Healing For Some Years Now!...And To Say That I Have Many Physical & Mental Scars! Is An Understatement!...But It Took Me A Long Time To Realize That...It's O.K.!!!...Since I Have Learned A Lot From My Own Scars!...I Have Learned Along The Way To Not Be So Hard On Myself!...& To Forgive Myself For The Things I Can't Now Change!...But To Learn...& To Grow! From Those Experiences!...On The "Bad" Days As I Call Them!...[Depression Issues Rearing Their Ugly Head!...Or My Ongoing Health Issues Being Worse Than Usual...]...Like Lately...May Was A Tough Month For Me!...And June Isn't Off To A Great! Start!...But I Will Take Comfort In Knowing That Each Day Is Different!...Not All Of Them As Tough!...And To Celebrate! All The Little Positive! Things That Are Happening! In Each Day As They Come!...And There Are Many! Each Day!!!...And To Remember!!!...That There's Always Tomorrow!...The Potential For The Next Day To Be Better Than The Last!!!...

*For My Value In Your Scars Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-May 2021-Know Your Worth-Little Butterfly Wings,Lynn Grieveson,Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies
*Strength Of A Woman-PT-Old Vintage Paper-1-NBK Design
LivyBug, MrsPeel and trekmom like this.
    • zinzilah
      Very striking, that line on scars resonates with me a hell of a lot, stabs me right in the heart. I hear you. Far away from you I struggle too. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the scrap therapy helps you like it helps me. Hoping your health will improve, oh girl, it seems like it's a lot on your plate right now. Keep going. Ask for help. Biggest hugs to you!
      trekmom and RJMJ like this.
    • Nemla
      So striking. Interesting way of following the prompt for week 1. Your centre face is powerful !
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @zinzilah OMG! How Kind Are You!!!...Your Message Caught Me Off Guard!...Some Days...[Weeks...] Are Just Tough! All Around!...I Know I'm Not Alone!...I Wish You The Same Positivity!...Scrapbooking! Is Always One Of My Saving Graces!...And You Are Right!...I Do Have Plenty Of Support Here!...And That Is So Important!...Here's To Hoping OUR Health Improves!...The Lilypad Always Amazes! Me! With All The Kindness! & Support!...I Was Really Touched You Took The Time To Share Your Very Kind! Personal!...Very Supportive! Positive! & Thoughtful! Message!!!...Thank You! So Very Much!!!...Hearts & Hugs!...Rhonda...:bk...
      zinzilah likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      The center face with the two color eyes is very powerful. And true to your unique and beautiful style, you have her peaking out, and even speaking out, in various places throughout the layout. The color purple is showing up in this week's layouts (Vivi's background paper, Dady's flowers). And I wonder if it is randomness, like the M3 bundle had pops of purple as does BYOC this month, or is it something about the color purple that resonates with this week's theme.

Scars = life lived. Much love for your words of affirmation..."my scars have value."
      trekmom and RJMJ like this.
    • trekmom
      I'm blown away by the power of this page, it's beauty and truth. I feel that is so true about our scars, the ones you can see and the ones you can't. I love this page. May I recommend a couple books to read? Jenny Lawson: Let's Pretend This never happened and Broken in the best possible way and Furiously Happy. I've read all of them. She's the comic relief we all need and she understands scars and healing better than most. She also has a coloring book!
      RJMJ and zinzilah like this.
    • zinzilah
      @RJMJ I have been yoyo-ing with cancer for over a year and a half now, it's there, and then they lose it, and then it's back again, and I just don't know anymore, and all you want to do is cry or scream, so instead I scrap, and it takes your mind off it for a while, and it keeps you going between the visits to a doc, and then there are bad days, and the darkness is too much around and in you, and you want some light to guide you out, and you talk yourself out of the corner and become the light or like today, you look around, and you see that somebody is going through the similar path, fighting... and you know giving up is not an option, your powerful page sang to me today, for that I thank you. Yours were the words I needed to hear.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • zinzilah
      Your page touched me deeply today, and I shared it on Froggy faves. Hugs
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @zinzilah I'm Almost Speechless!...You Have Moved Me Today! In Such A Heartfelt! Way!...Bravo! To You!...I'm So Glad I Could Brighten! Your Day A Bit!...And I Hope You Feel Better Soon!!!...You Certainly! Have Made Mine Brighter!...Too!...And Thank YOU!!! So Very Much For The Froggy Favorite!!!...Too!!!...Hearts & Hugs!!!...Rhonda...:bk...
    • Angela Toucan
      fabulous and powerful take on the inspiration
      RJMJ likes this.
    • RJMJ
      @trekmom Thank You! So Much!...All Of Our Scars Make Us Who We Are!...Good!!! & Bad!!!...Thank You! For The Positivity! & Light!...:bk...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jun 6, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    359.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).