Cherylndesigns

2021 February Style Challenge

2021 February Style Challenge
Cherylndesigns, Feb 21, 2021
Description:
We got caught in the Polar Vortex! It was unprecedented and we luckily didn't get the actual -16 that was predicted; however wind chill was -16 and actual was -6! So, the water pipes froze in our new house! The guys were right on it and worked for 4 days to get it running again. The water just kept freezing up again. They finally had to wrap the pipes with heated tape and found bales of hay from nearby farms to pile around the well house. Our grandkids kept us in water via refilling the dozens of gallon containers that we were able to purchase before there was a "run" on water! They took our empty containers to their house, filled them and brought them back. I should mention that the final "freeze" at the top of the pipes was "blasted through" with my super duper hairdryer! Who knew?

SwL_3_19MISTemplate; SBasic Snowscape: patterned papers, paints, stitches, banner (neon style applied); LBW_M3_Oct20_metal hearts, wood piece; Paula Kesselring_skhole_staples and paperclip; PRD_Exhale Metal Heart Brad; Paula Kesselring_CU Metals; APennington_Awkward Word Art; BBonneville_metal arrow; Font HP Simplified Bold.
Heavy Metal Elements: Banner, Metal Brad, Metal Heart, Metal Arrow, Metal Heart Brad,Paperclip, Staples
    • wvsandy
      I hate that you went through this but I'm so glad that you had support. Love how you scrapped it with the metal bits.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @wvsandy Thanks so much, Sandy! It was brutal, I'm telling you what! We're so blessed to have family all around us, though. We just kept calling it "our pioneer spirit".
      wvsandy likes this.
    • bellbird
      your hairdryer trick sounds like an unbelievable hack - y'know those internet life hacks that sound ridiculous, and i'd have never thought it would work but lucky for you (and your water jug refill troupers!) -love all the metallic pieces and glad you made it through!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bellbird Thanks so much, Justine! It is definitely a life hack! It was kind of a last resort "let's try the hairdryer" and it worked! The hot water in the kitchen sink just refused to come in and my hubby put my hairdryer under the sink and let it blow for over an hour. Best tool in the toolbox. Thanks for the fun challenge!
      bellbird likes this.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      Oh no! Not fun. I remember doing that one year. We did the whole haybale and hair dryer thing!
    • Cherylndesigns
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Feb 21, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    98.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    525px
    Height:
    525px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).