littlekiwi

The Graduate

The Graduate
littlekiwi, Feb 13, 2021
Description:
January 31st: Scrap From Your Heart

“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss

Graduation day really felt like a blur but I was determined to enjoy every last second.and treasure the moments and memories of the day knowing that at that point it was more than likely my last graduation.

The day started out very stressful as I had ordered the wrong size trencher and it was falling off my head and on to my glasses.....wouldn’t have been a good look while I was being “capped”so I had to stop off at Academic Dress Hire on the way to the ceremony. Once I had sorted that out, I was on my way to the Faculty of Education and Social Work graduation celebration where I met some of my classmates and had a bit of a pre celebration. Bronwyn who I had met on my first day and I had a little bit of a moment together as we were the only two students who started our disability major together and were graduating together three years later.

It was then on to the main event....there were fourteen of us graduating with a Bachelor of Human Services in total and three of us who were graduating with a disability major. It was such a long ceremony and our capping was about half way through after all of the education students but before the social work students. Initially because I had speeial assistance during the pre ceremony they weren’t going to let me sit with my class but to me that was so important as we had become like a family.....a dysfunctional family with a heap of opinions but a tight knit group non the less. Up until it was my turn to be capped by the Vice Chancellor I was not nervous but as soon as I had to walk on stage I started feeling a bit strange....almost like it was a dream. In the moment I almost didn’t stop to appreciate all the hard work and sacrifice it had taken to walk across the stage and be “capped”. It wasn’t until I had time with family that I truly was able to appreciate the event. That didn’t happen until after the professional photos I had booked were done and I was able to reflect with family and a close family friend over drinks and dinner. It was a long day but a day I’ll treasure forever.

Cornered 2 Dressed Down by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs
Making the Grade by Forever Joy
Loose Leafs by Forever Joy
Study Hall by Forever Joy
Foundation Practical Brushes No.3 by Allison Pennington

DJB My Teachers Font
Travelling Typewriter
jenn mccabe, JenEm, Dalis and 4 others like this.
    • norton94
      Jennifer this is fantastic!! I love your story - and sense of humor! "we had become like a family.....a dysfunctional family with a heap of opinions but a tight knit group"
      Such a clever page and storytelling style. I love the whole design and indeed you are hotter by one degree :D
      Into Froggy Faves!!
      cfile and Dalis like this.
    • Dalis
      Jennifer, love your journaling so much! It makes me feel like I was there with you through the day!
    • cfile
      Congratulations Jennifer. What a special moment and what a terrific accomplishment. Congratulations too, on your Froggy Fav. Wonderful moment, wonderful journaling and wonderfully scrapped page! Thanks for playing along with the Feb Random Challenge. Glad you got to do day 31 for the Random Challenge!
    • bellbird
      I love that you documented all the feelings and hijinx, i'm sure the gown mix ups happen often (my DH has to wear a floppy hat for graduations (he's a lecturer) and you are right about how they are such loooong ceremonies! Glad to hear in reflection it was all worth it!
    • JenEm
      I love your journal-centric page, and clever title. You write so well. Love the little element details you have used to frame the photo. Congrats on your achievement, and on the Pride of The Pad award. It is well deserved. :)
    • littlekiwi
      @bellbird the trencher mix up actually happened because we (my mum and I) made a mistake in where to measure my head and because I couldn’t go to the place to pick it up myself in the days leading up to graduation there was no fitting before I wore it on the day, was an easy fix on the day though.
      bellbird likes this.
    • bellbird
      glad it was an easy fix!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    littlekiwi
    Date:
    Feb 13, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    241.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).