bjthomas

MOC9-23_Interview_MemoryLane

MOC9-23_Interview_MemoryLane
bjthomas, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
Day 23 - Interview About the Past

Papers & Elements: Afternoon Rituals, Evening Rituals, Fantabulous Fall (photo corners)
Template: Fiddlesticks Set 4 by Fiddle-Dee-Dee

Journaling: (576 words)
What do you remember about our apartment or house in Penang? The apartment had 3 bedrooms. We had a patio that looked over the pool and we were on the top floor and I was always scared that I would fall off. I remember one time that I was playing on Dad’s iPod and it went sliding on the floor and out onto the patio and I was so scared that it would fall off, but there was a lip on the patio and so it didn’t fall off. Oh dear... probably good that you’re just now telling this story, 11 years later! Our house was 3 stories. It had a guest room that we never went in because we never had guests over other than Grandma and Pop-pop. Me and Carly had the whole 2nd floor to ourselves except the living room cause it had a tv and computer in it. My room had 2 beds and in my closet, there was a secret compartment that I didn’t know how to open but Carly knew how to open it. And then we had the treehouse in the back yard, right in front of stinky creek where there were a bunch of monitor lizards and I remember being in the treehouse and seeing a couple of monitor lizards.
What was your favorite thing to do for fun? Play outside in my treehouse. Me and Carly played Minecraft outside when we weren’t allowed to play Minecraft on the iPad inside and we pretended that Pringles were food on Minecraft.
What were your favorite foods? Roti chanai, noodles, tandoori chicken, roti bom, curry, oatmeal, laap & sticky rice. And these are all still your favorite foods to this day! Although, they aren’t as easy to come by as they were when we lived in Penang.
What was your favorite subject in school?
P.E. cause I got to let energy out and we lived in a super hot climate. Interesting... probably, definitely, NOT my favorite ever, especially living on the equator!
Who was your favorite teacher in elementary?
Mrs. Sasse or Mrs. Skaug… I just remember liking them. Your last teacher in Penang and your first teacher in Washington... that tells me that they helped to make your transition as smooth as possible <3
What is your favorite school memory?
Playing soccer at lunch. And then when I moved to the U.S., it was playing football at lunch – American football.
How did you feel about wearing a uniform to school? We kind of grew up doing it… other than preschool, so I wasn’t upset about it. I kind of miss uniforms – less trying to impress people.
It was definitely interesting to sit down and hear Andrew’s answers to some of these questions. Of course, there were a couple of stories that I hadn’t ever heard before, LOL! I love that when asked what his favorite thing to do for fun, his immediate answer was playing outside. I can very clearly remember worrying that my kids spent too much time watching TV or playing on the iPad and weren’t using their imagination outside like I had when I was a kid... So, this answer definitely warmed my heart more than Andrew will ever realize, I’m sure. I was also rather surprised to hear his answer to my question about uniforms. Such a seemingly simple statement has such a deeper insight to the stress and struggles our kids face every day.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    225.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).