AnneofAlamo

Interview of learning to make Cookies

Interview of learning to make Cookies
AnneofAlamo, Jan 26, 2021
Description:
Started with Scrapping with LIz
Focal Point template
then played with NBKs-Art Crush33 part of the Nov2020 byoc! gorgeous colors and fun for heritage pages

255 words:
Gramma made some molasses cookies for Tony. She came to the house to delivered them. I was telling the family how long it takes for my Mom to make these. My mom mentioned that it was actually Her Grandma’s recipe. Tell me mom about her I quickly asked thinking about this very challenge:. My mom began telling how her whole family would go to visit Ida Mae(her Grandmother) , This was her mom’s mom. It was in in Machais, Maine, She taught her how to make these cookies, and my mom had to be patient. The ingredients all had to sit and cool in fridge before mixing. She would sneak a pinch of raw dough from the ice box. It was in the summer time. The molasses was something the everyone wanted to taste. Mom told of the fun at Gramma Meserve’s house. My mom is not a woman of many words, but she smiled remembering the time. It was sometime in the 1940s, My mom is in the picture above and about 6-7 years old. As a child myself, these cookies were my all time favorite. I remember sneaking into the fridge to pinch a small amount of the dough. DaVondre listened to the story and as one who doesn’t like raw molasses didn’t want to taste. The story of his Gramma's gramma was intriguing to him and he tried it and loved them. Now, it is 70 years later, and my family gets to taste the phenomenal Molasses cookies of Ida Mae Meserve.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    AnneofAlamo
    Date:
    Jan 26, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    191.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).