MOC11  A Story Katell
katell, Jan 24, 2021
Description:
MPM Foundation
https://the-lilypad.com/store/FOUNDATION/
Summer adventures stickers Paislee Press
In the books elements Paislee Press

546 words
This summer we had booked everything for a road trip in the south of the USA (Florida/Georgia/South Carolina) every 4. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic our Air France flight was obviously cancelled in mid-June (while I still believed in it...I was the eternal pessimist on that one...I was too optimistic: )., the USA being closed for several months already.
I had evoked a plan B: a road trip to Poland...but when I arrived in July with all this uncertainty I had no desire to start such an organization! So we searched without success for a location in France: plan C also fell through!
Plan D was to take a few nights in a hotel in Brittany to change the air a bit, except that all the French tourists had to make an appointment here in August, because no hotel was available either (we were looking in Abers or Crozon). So we started to move by the day (Ile de Batz, Guerledan etc).
I looked at the plane tickets (my old demons are back...lol!), and I discovered a Nantes Edimbourgh for the Friday of the following week, perfect! we bought the tickets, quickly worked out a program by booking hotels and B&B....the Monday morning it's the cold shower!!!! we discover that the English government is again talking about quarantining some countries including France. We check if we can cancel our accommodations: there is one that is not in free cancellation, after having contacted the owner she assures us that she will reimburse us if by misfortune we have to cancel. We refresh the news continuously until Thursday when the decision has to be announced... we stayed with positive news in the evening of Wednesday. But it's a bit of a cold shower: the English government is changing its mind, the arrivals from France will be quarantined (fourteen) from Friday night to Saturday, at 4am.
Luckily, our plane is supposed to land on Friday at 11pm, so we decide to take the risk and re-book everything on Friday morning from home before leaving: hotels, B&B, rental car and cab for the evening. It's a bit fast but it works! We go to Nantes happy to be able to go to Scotland for a week.
The flight is crowded: the English having advanced their returns... We land around 11pm and at 11:15pm, watch in hand, we are in our cab to our hotel in the center of Edinburgh. There are very nice houses on the road! we are already in a different place. The driver is very nice, he obviously speaks to us about the consequences of the epidemic on the Scottish tourism: where there should be the crowd, the place is empty... In only 15 minutes, here we are at the hotel: the ACE one 4 stars hotel on Grassmarket, at the foot of Victoria Street, with a magnificent view on the castle from our room. What happiness to say that we could leave ! and that a good week of change of scenery awaits us: 2 nights in Edinburgh, 2 nights near Fort William and 2 nights in Braemar in the Cairngorns.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    • Smwhite
      Your photo is so striking... a great one for this page. I can see the struggle in your story! These are difficult times, and we all need a change of scenery! I'm so glad you were creative and flexible and were able to get away!
      katell likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Oh my goodness, I don't even want to image traveling during the COVID pandemic. It seems all worked out in the end, though! Lovely street capture!!
      katell likes this.
    • katell
      @ArmyGrl in Europe this summer, there were very few cases and a lot of people came to visit my region....
    • bestcee
      Love the photo! I'm sorry so many trips were canceled, but I'm glad you didn't have to pay for any cancellations. Thanks for playing in my challenge.
      katell likes this.
    • scrapsandsass
      Wow. What a story! I'm so sorry you had to go through such struggles. But I am happy that you were able to make a trip. Great page.
      katell likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    katell
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    516.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).