LoveItScrapIt, Jan 24, 2021
Description:
Using:
Life is Lovely template (modified)
by FDD
and Centered TLP Collab
by TLP Designers

Interview (496 words)
What do you remember about our wedding day?

DH: I remember one day we woke up and just said it was time to do it. Enough with putting it off. It was an exciting day. We woke up and I felt like a little kid. You know how it is when we’re together. It was fun. It was perfect for me. When we walked around the courtyard to see the justice of the peace, it was like the clouds opened up and the sun beamed down on us. I felt like God was saying that this was absolutely the right thing. You were so pretty that day, just like everyday.

Me: Yeah, we had been talking about going to Gatlinburg and getting a small wedding package, but ultimately we didn’t really have the money to do it the way we wanted. So in May we just decided to go to the justice of the peace and let it be a day strictly for us. We figured that would be the only way to not hurt any feelings by having to chose who could or couldn’t attend. We chose your birthday and started making the plans. We had some counseling from the pastor and got the marriage license in advance. That day, felt like a whirlwind, yet also felt like it went in slow motion. We got dressed and met your aunt Jackie downtown at the records building. She’d promised not to tell anyone and she brought her video camera to document the day.

DH: I know it was exciting being in the records building signing the license and the marriage records. The city had marriage records going so far back and we signed our names in those books. We talked a lot to the clerk who signed our marriage certificate with a really pretty calligraphy, about those records.

Me: I know it was so beautiful. Then we went to the justice of the peace building and met with him. He walked us around to the courtyard and it surely was like the sun just started beaming so hard, right down on us. Saying our vows felt special. It felt right in my soul and I’m so glad I married you too.

Would you change anything about our wedding day?

DH: that we got the videotape. To celebrate with friends at a reception after. Other than that I don’t think there’d be anything to change. I’m glad I married you.

Me: I don’t think I’d change anything, except actually getting the videotape or at least taking a photo that day of us. It would be nice to actually have a memory in physical form from that day. A reception would have been nice too, but I know at that time, we didn’t have the money for that.

Me: As we enter our 17th year of marriage there’s one thing I know with certainty, marrying you was one of the best things I did. Love you my King.
chastml likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    LoveItScrapIt
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    322.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).