crlin

MOC 9 Jan 23 7x7 72

MOC 9 Jan 23 7x7 72
crlin, Jan 24, 2021
Description:
Create Create Monthly: A Fari to Remember by Becca Bonneville, Bella Gypsy Designs and Kristin Aagard - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Create-Crate-Monthly-A-Fair-to-Remember.html
Go See Do Travel Mini Theme Kit Bundle - Storyteller June 2019 by Just Jaimee - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Go-Se...-Kit-Bundle-Storyteller-June-2019-Add-on.html
Travelogue - Sketchbook 5 M3 by Lynne-Marie - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Travelogue-Sketchbook-5-M3.html
Alive Bundle by Lynne-Marie - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Alive-bundle.html
Font - Arial Regular
487 Words

Journaling
What do you remember about our vacation in 2003 when we flew to Atlanta?

Alan - First thing I remember is you were keeled over on the seat in the airplane. I didn't even realize anything was wrong for a while. You were saying you were in pain. I flaged down a flight attendent to let her know something was wrong. At that time we were on descent into Atlanta. After we landed everyone had exited the plane and the paramedics came on board. We were in the very back of the plane. they checked you out and then had to take you out with a skinny wheelchair. I got off the plane with our carry-on cases. I was just standing there waiting to see what was going to happen. They decided to take you to the hospital so they told me where they would be taking you. Now I have to go to baggage claim and pick up our rental car. It is a big airport and I had to get on their subway train to get to the baggage and car rental area. I grabbed the luggage (hard to carry all of it by myself!) Picked up the rental car and got directions to the hospital. I drove to the hospital to find out what they are going to do. They decided to keep you there so I drove to the motel we had booked which was quite a ways from the hospital. Got checked in. I was so hungry that I went to the McDonalds next door and got an Egg McMuffin but it had a maple flavored bun and it tasted terrible! Next morning I went back to the hospital and they hadn't done anything to you at that point. Then the doctor said they were going to operate. I then had to get a motel close to the hospital for 2 or 3 nights. I had breakfast at Denny's and went to the hospital every day. Had lunch in the cafeteria. They operated on you and I spent each day leaving late at night (didn't have to pay for parking Ha Ha!). I had to get some medicine for you so walked to a pharmacy which wasn't in our network but they filled the Rx anyway. Once you were released we went to Stone Mountain and Rock City then was time to fly home.

Carolyn - I remember being in great pain. We were almost to Atlanta so seat belts were on. I couldn't sit up but had to the best I could. After the plane landed I couldn't walk out so they had to bring a little wheelchair to take me off. They decided I needed to go to the hospital so sent for an ambulance. When it arrived they took me outside and the smell of jet fuel was very strong! I was taken to the hospital and found out it was a gall bladder attack and decided to operate. They waited a couple of days before they operated and a couple more days for me to get back on my feet. I remember when I got out we went to get something to eat and the chicken noodle soup was the best I have ever tasted! After a little bit of sightseeing it was time to fly home.
BLKinOR likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Oh no what a disappointment for your holiday.
      Thankfully she got the medical care that was needed and you managed a little sight seeing too.
    • bcgal00
      What a story! Glad you were able to enjoy a bit of your holiday after the surgery.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    crlin
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    504px
    Height:
    504px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).