elseepe, Jan 23, 2021
Description:
LittleButterflyWings/StudioBasic Backyard Scape
Rachel Jefferies makeartandjournal background paper
Rachel Jefferies pocketartkit1 label, messythreads3, somebunnylovesyou-staple
Scrapping with Liz Florida cutouts
PinkReptileDesigns Wildflower label
TLP No word art with Mommyish Stylin48 and TLP Style Challenge Metal Rim styles

Journaling @ 284 words (minus the Me, Frank, and Jan)
Me: Do you remember when we went to Florida for Nana Judy’s funeral, it was back in June of 2007 and there was that restaurant we all went to?

Frank: Yeah, the one with all the dead animals, that’s the one you mean. The decor was memorable. I remember it seemed like we walked along a dock to get to the entrance.

Me: Yes, that one; it was intimidating with all of those eyes staring down on the tables in the dining room. It was every kind of wild animal you could imagine: snakes, alligators, tigers, lions, monkeys, birds, you name it, I’m pretty sure there was a set of eyes staring at me. Do you recall the name of that place?

Frank: Nope, I think it was south of Jacksonville on the River. I remember it was on Michael Feldman’s NPR show one time after it was flooded. Check with Jan, she’ll probably remember the name.

Jan: That place was unique. Let me check when I get home. Found a picture, it was Clark’s Fish Camp

Me: Unique is a good way to describe it, can you send me that picture?

Me: It was a bit off the beaten path on Julington Creek. It seemed like we traveled through some winding, twisting roads with moss covered trees overhanging. It seemed like it was a pretty good distance and took a while to get there. Do you remember who even suggested that we go there?

Frank: It was Jack, I’m trying to think of the family relationship, I think it was Nana Judy’s step son

Me: Do you remember what you ordered for dinner?

Frank: not really, but I remember you and Kate were not happy with the decor and got salads in protest.
chastml likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Funny little adventure well told. Those out-of-the-way places are somewhat of a mixed bag for us -- some wonderful and some forgettable. So glad you found some photos to share. Love the yellow of your title.
      elseepe likes this.
    • bcgal00
      What an interesting story! Love the title work!
      elseepe likes this.
    • Saar
      Oh what an aweome layout! I love your take on the challenge. I love the large title and the Florida map as well.
      elseepe likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    elseepe
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    205.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).