barbaraj

Jan-23 Interview

Jan-23 Interview
barbaraj, Jan 23, 2021
Description:
Shine Bright by Sahlin Studio
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Shine-Bright-Kit.html
Journaling:
How did you feel when you got your first horse?
My daughter:Oh, Mom, that was one of the best days of my life. You know I had wanted a horse for a long
time and I couldn't believe it finally came true when I was 12. He was the perfect horse for
a beginner as he was only 14'2 hands tall which made him just the right size for me. He was
an Arabian and had such a nice gait. He was very affectionate and loved following me around.
We had so many good times together.
Me: Did we do the right thing? Did we pick the right horse? She seems to like him but he acts
like a spoiled toddler and she has to work with him to make him behave. And now we need to buy
hay and grain and bedding material and hope she takes care of him. Yesterday he opened his
stall door and got out. This is quit the experience.

Tell me about your 2 weeks at Horse Camp?
My daughter: That was such a fun experience. I got to meet other girls with horses and we
learned how to groom our horses and clean their feet and then how to clean the barn and keep
the cobwebs away and how to clean the stalls and so many other things.
Me: I'm so glad the local horse farm offered this experience. It is really giving her a lot
of help in learning about her horse. And I must say all of a sudden the barn is cleaner
than the house. I'm really glad she could do this.

What did you think about your horse show days?
My daughter: They were a lot of fun and I especially liked the jumping part.
Me: Egads, we had to buy a horse trailer and spend all weekend at these shows.
Every time she went over a jump I held my breath. But all in all I'd say getting
her a horse was a good experience for all of us.
chastml likes this.
    • bcgal00
      Wonderful page and loved reading the story!
    • JenEm
      Love the way you have documented this. I loved reading your journaling. It brought back so many memories for me of my first horse, and all the concerns my mother used to have about show jumping. I think she also held her breath lol!:giggle Great take on this challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    barbaraj
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    80.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).