marijke

21-01_MOC9_23---Interview-About-The-Past-copy

21-01_MOC9_23---Interview-About-The-Past-copy
marijke, Jan 23, 2021
Description:
January 23 - Interview About The Past
https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/january-23-interview-about-the-past.75512/#post-1316637

Rachel Jefferies
Make Art and Journal 5 - Money Saving Bundle
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Make-Art-and-Journal-5-Money-Saving-Bundle.html
Messy Machine Stitches 7
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Messy-Machine-Stitches-07.html
photo: personal - My mom is on the left

Scrapping with Liz
November 2019 Challenge Template
https://the-lilypad.com/store/November-2019-Challenge-Template-by-Scrapping-with-Liz.html

with google translate
How long were you able to go to school? Like my sisters, I went to school until I was 15 years old. Because we lived closer to the school in Destelbergen, we had to go to school in that municipality. We (my sisters, the neighbors' girls and I) left early in the morning because we had to walk to school. We also had classes on Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning. When we got home after school, we first had to help on the farm to milk the cows and feed the animals. We all had our jobs. Then we were allowed to do our homework. Meanwhile, Mother was making dinner - My two oldest sisters had also come home from the sewing workshop. Then we could listen to the radio or play with the cards ... In the summer we played outside in the orchard. Then it was time to go to bed because we had to get up early the next day ...
What kind of things did you learn at school? Until the 6th grade we had the usual lessons: math, language, nature, world orientation and needlework: we learned everything a girl needed to be a good house mother ... Then it was a kind of vocational school that we went to - we learned about pattern knowledge and stitching ... After all, there was a lot of work in a few sewing workshops in the area. Because we were only allowed to go to school until we were 14 years old and could not yet work in the sewing studio, I first ended up as a household help with a wealthy family. When I was 17 years old I ended up in the sewing studio. First I had to work in the department where kitchen towels and sheets were stitched. In the meantime I had learned to embroider with the sewing machine. So I could start working in the department where the pillowcases and the edges of the sheets were decorated with beautiful stitching, all kinds of embroidery ...
What were you doing on the weekend? The weekend was only Saturday afternoon and Sunday ... on Saturday morning we had to work in the studio. On Saturday afternoon we had to help at home to clean the house and to do the laundry and ironing. In the evening we were allowed to dance in the village ... but we had to be home on time ... On Sunday morning we had to go to mass - after that it was back to helping on the farm or in the kitchen. On Sunday afternoons we often went to the cinema or to the park for a walk with the friends - they were also colleagues from the sewing studio. In the late afternoon we went to the vespers.
words in Dutch - 440
words in English - 456

Thanks for looking
chastml and Thuria like this.
    • flowersgal
      Love the photo of the four of you with the sewing machine and enjoyed reading your journaling of what life was like for you then.
      marijke likes this.
    • Saar
      What a stunning layout! I love your take on the challenge. I love the old photo and the all the beautiful clusters and details. I loved reading the interveiw as well. You are such an amazing artist. I love all your layouts! :beat:heartlub
      marijke likes this.
    • bcgal00
      Love the old photo and what a wonderful story!
      marijke likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      gorgeous page, I read with great interest how you lived as a teenager - it was so much different back then, it seems to me that there was more work, but it was a happy time
      marijke likes this.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      Love this look into the past!
    • keepscrappin
      i love how you've incorporated all the journaling and the vintage photo into the layout... what a treasure and future generations will cherish it as well. beautifully scrapped.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    marijke
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    233.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).