Saar

Interview - MOC Nine - Jan 23 - Interview about the past

Saar, Jan 23, 2021
Description:

312 words in Dutch
364 words in English

How did you used to celebrate Christmas Eve in the past?
WARD: We always celebrated Christmas Eve with my family. Just my mother, my father, my brother Jonas and me. We have never celebrated Christmas or Christmas Eve with my moms parents. On New Years’ Day we went over there to read our new years’ letter. After dinner, we opened our presens. Most presents under the Christmas Tree evolved music. Mostly CD’s. Jonas and I had a lot of CD’s.
SARAH: We celebrated Christmas Eve at my grandparents house. With my dads’ parents. The whole family got together. My grandparents, my dads’ older brother and his family, my dads’ sister and her family, my dads’ younger brother and his family and us. That were a lot of people! At the end of the evening, we opened one present. We opened the other presents on New Years’ Eve with my moms parents.
Did you have a favorite meal that you ate on Christmas Eve?
WARD: My mom didn’t like to cook on Christmas Eve, so she ordered gourmet or fondue (sorry, there are no words to translate in English). She loved it that we sat around the table together roasting our own meat. She made the soup and dessert herself. But we didn’t have a favorite. It changed every year.
SARAH: We always had soup as appetizer. Most of the time it was tomato soup. As our main course we had meat balls with krieken (sorry I couldn’t find the translation in English) and bread. The meat balls were baked too much. I didn’t like it at all, but my brother didn’t seem to mind. Lol. As a dessert we always had ice cream.
Can you remember what kind of presents were under your Christmas Tree?
WARD: Like I said, Jonas and I were into music when we were kids. So we always got presents that had to do with music. We got a lot of CD’s, but one year, I got a piano.
SARAH: I can’t remember much of it, but I know we got a lot of board games. My brother, my dad and I used to play a lot of board games.

Credits:
- Shine Bright - Rachel Jefferies & Studio Basic Designs
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Shine-Bright-Bundle.html
- That's My List Templates - Scrapping With Liz
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Thats-My-List-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html
- Life Is: Keeping Memories Alive - Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic Designs
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Life-is-Keeping-Memories-alive-kit.html
JenEm, chastml and nhudao like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Saar
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    372.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).