MOC 9 Day11 My Story

MOC 9 Day11 My Story
AJK, Jan 12, 2021
Description:
LBW M3Apr20, Lets Fly Away, Manifesto, M3July20, A Little Peculiar, M3_sept14
RJefferies M3Apr2020
LGrieveson M3July20
ADS Bold & Beautiful

It’s a thread of glorious generosity that started with a neighbor lady giving us rolls of pennies when we were newlyweds. Then a $10.00 bill found under the front passenger tire in a parking lot. A $20.00 bill under driver side tire a few weeks after that. Another time we were given a car, new tires, and $240.00 to help us move to a new state.
At a new pastorate, still in our 20’s. a sweet elderly lady welcomed our visit saying that she had just prayed, “Lord, if this is You speaking, have the pastor stop by my house”. She then gave my husband a new suit, and a few weeks later, $250.00 for a couch! After moving to the new state, we found a community of people whom with we could share our lives and grow in faith. It was a growing season for sure. When we heard the call to missions, we were blessed to be prayed over a statesman in the faith. We chose to move across the nation to attend a training center. We found another community that was richer than any we had before, due especially to the plethora of nations and people groups represented. That was phenomenal and life changing. It was there that we first experienced Wayne Meyers Day. A day dedicated to giving to others. We were to seek the Lord and see what He would show us to give. Our son was 4 then. He wanted his own bicycle- a black one. As adult married students, there weren’t funds for that. But on Wayne Meyers Day, someone gave him a black bicycle.! Others had bills paid off. Finishing that term, we went on to language school. We had jobs lined up for when we arrived, but they fell through. What to do??? We paid for one of us to go to school and prayed for the answer. The day before registration closed, we were given an envelope that said, “Because God loves you and wants you to go to school”. It was a check for the full tuition- we were BOTH enrolled! Many times, that year we found checks in our inbox from anonymous persons. At Christmas we struggled. We had branches of a pine tree that we stapled to the wall in leu of a tree! A knock on the door the day before Christmas brought us a keyboard and many other toys for the kids. Our daughter had been wanting a keyboard- and a student who was graduating didn’t have room in the vehicle to take the keyboard. It was used twice and still in its box! When our time to leave came, we had to handle logistical issues of getting to Honduras. We were blessed with a miraculous last-minute spot for a container on a ship for our vehicle and household goods, and then we had to get our flights. After 7 days of sweating, it out (instead of trusting), we were given funds for two of us to fly. Then a friend gave us two “comp” tickets due to his employment at Southwest Airlines! We boarded and the flight attendant asked if we would like to move to First Class? Of course! We not only had everything supplied for our relocation to Central America, but we also went First Class!!!
I learned so much from these experiences! I learned that blessings are given out of love, not out of perfection or rewards for following rigid rules; remember that we wrung our hands and sweat our way through 7 days- even after all the examples of God’s generosity in previous years! I wish I could say that
I now have this lesson perfected, but I don’t. I have learned to embrace the uncertainties of life by trusting an unknown future to a Known God and His limitless love and abundance!
643 HOST: Please note I am participating in MOC this year for fun only, not for GC. You don't need to "check" this page. :agree
jesskab likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    AJK
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    519.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).