CaroB71

2021_MOC_11_TellAStory

2021_MOC_11_TellAStory
CaroB71, Jan 12, 2021
Description:
Product:
Cityscape Bundle by Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic https://the-lilypad.com/store/Cityscape-Collaboration-bundle.html

My Story (501 words)
It was our second day in New York City. We had ridden the subway a few times but there was one thing we hadn’t anticipated… To give some context, let’s rewind to the beginning…

The day started out really well. We ticked “breakfast at Katz Deli” off our bucket list – bagels and schmeer. YUM! (Katz's Delicatessen is the hundred+ year old Lower East Side deli in which the duo of Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan filmed an iconic scene in the romantic comedy, “When Harry Met Sally”). From there we walked through the streets of Soho until we found ourselves in Greenwich Village where we spent a couple of hours exploring the quaint little shops. Kevin was in his element - snapping away – taking pics of everything. At lunch time we grabbed a couple of hot dogs from Gray’s Papaya – also a bucket list tick for me. (In the movie, “When Fools Rush In”, Salma Hayek gifts Matthew Perry a box of Gray’s Papaya hot dogs). After lunch we decided that it was time to catch the subway train back to our hotel.

We checked our trusty subway map, figured out where the nearest station was and which train we needed to get back to the hotel. While waiting for the train, Kevin was still snapping pics.

When the train arrived, the doors opened, and I stepped onto the train. I sat down on a seat facing the door and that’s when things went wrong! I looked up to see the doors of the train closing but Kevin was still on the platform. He had paused for a moment to photograph the American flag on the side of the train, but he underestimated how much time he had, and the doors closed before he could get on the train. We pulled out of the station without him. I was fuming! Not only was I on a subway train in a foreign city all by myself, but he had the bag with our money, phones, subway map and tickets etc.

I decided that the most logical thing to do would be to catch the train to Canal Street Station - which was where we were headed. I got off and waited for Kevin to arrive on the next train… but he didn’t. I was even more irritated – was he expecting me to make my way back to him?

I waited for the train after that, all the while my frustration levels were rising. As it pulled into the station and the doors opened, I scanned the sea of people disembarking and then I saw his familiar face. You would think I would have been relieved and happy to see him, but when he said, “why didn’t you get off the train and the next stop and wait for me?” I unleashed a torrent of angry words on him (poor guy!)...And then we marched back to the hotel in stony silence.

Today we can laugh and joke about it – our little NYC mishap.
chastml likes this.
    • designbylime
      What great and funny journaling. Love your page and the way you tilted your text. Fantastic page.
      CaroB71 likes this.
    • Saar
      Wow, stunning! I love everything about your layout.
      CaroB71 likes this.
    • Amson
      Such a funny story. I love all the bits and pieces of travel ephemera that you have added to the page.
      CaroB71 likes this.
    • bestcee
      What a great story! I laughed, because it's totally what happened to Curious Geoge, and was my kid's favorite episode for awhile. I'm with you - go to the stop intended, you come to me! I love that you included the flag photo that caused the whole mess, and the details about why Katz deli and Papaya hot dog. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
      CaroB71 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    CaroB71
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).