Bec

MOC9-day17-Acrostic

MOC9-day17-Acrostic
Bec, Jan 18, 2021
Description:
My 12yo son, Ben, is my little art buddy. I had planned on this layout having photos of him painting so when he went to bed last night I asked him if he would help me write an acrostic poem in the morning for the word create. He has a way with words and I wanted to get him away from his computer today so I made it a challenge. I shouldn't have said anything because once his brain starts working he can't switch off. So instead of sleeping I could hear him talking to himself. Normally I'd go and "reset" him by kissing him goodnight again and tucking him in again but it's the school holidays and a late night wont hurt so I left him to it. This morning he came down to breakfast with a piece of paper and this poem written out. I'm not sure if he wrote it by torchlight or if he just memorised it until morning but I was kind of stunned and it has made this layout so much more meaningful for me. It doesn't need photos, his poem deserves to stand alone, but I'll probably add a second page with this story :)

Created with Basic White #1 by Paula Kesselring, Bright Side by The Lilypad designers, Makers Gonna Make by The Lilypad designers, Maybe by The Lilypad designers, Fresh Start by The Lilypad designers, For the Love of 2017: All the Kits by Allison Pennington, A Bit Worn Topography No.4 by Valorie Wibbens, MOC 2020: Painter's Toolbox by NBK Design, artCrush No11 {Artsy Bits & Papers} by NBK Design, No by The Lilypad designers
EHStudios and melidy like this.
    • Tronesia
      What an awesome layout and even more awesome story behind it! Love that your son helped you write the poem.
    • Amson
      Your son is so incredibly talented with words. I love your highlight on the acrostic words with just the paint splash background.
    • Saar
      Oh this is beautiful! What a fun take on the challenge. I love your page design and all the colors. So pretty!
    • threadjungle
      Beautiful page. Your sons words are very impressive
    • crazycat1126
      Your page captures the word create! It's so fun that your son got so into the poem!
    • EHStudios
      He is amazing with words! I hope you scrap a page to go with it with your words on the origin of this. I LOVE IT ALL!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Bec
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).