tammybean004

Journey 11: Tell Me a Story

Journey 11: Tell Me a Story
tammybean004, Jan 15, 2021
Description:
January 11: Tell Me a Story
*640 words*

Another challenge. Another journal prompt. 500 words. When you struggle with words and complete thoughts that aren’t a bunch of chaos, this seems so daunting. Hard. The anxiety that comes with this challenge is real. I almost forget how to form sentences and the thought of putting everything I am feeling down on paper right now has me wanting to crawl back under my covers. But I’m going to try and make sense of the sh*t show that is the world today. So here goes.

The world right now is WAY TOO LOUD. Especially for this introverted soul. The circus. The chaos. The hypocrisy. The destruction. The divide. The politics. The lack of compassion. The hatred. The self righteousness. The lack of toilet paper and food. It is just all TOO MUCH.

My heart hurts. My mind hurts. My soul hurts.

Between Corona and the politics within my country, I feel as though humanity as I once knew it is gone for good. People have lost their ever loving minds. There is no more love thy neighbor. There is no more compassion, empathy or sympathy in a world gone mad. It’s an everyone for themselves universe now. It’s me. me. me. ALL THE TIME.

When did we as people become this? When did we as a nation become this? When did we stop caring that others are suffering? People are dying from a Pandemic. A fast transferring virus is literally killing hundreds of thousands of people, while leaving millions of others with long lasting effects, and all anyone seems to care about is themselves. Don’t get me wrong, I know the US has a long standing reputation of selfishness, but it seems today...that reputation has intensified by a 1000 times.

On top of that, our country has become a complete and utter sh*t show. A laughing stock of the world. Why would anyone in their right mind want to come here? How are we making America great again? Were we ever really great? Or just so conceited we put ourselves as number one in the universe?

And if you don’t agree with what is going on inside the good ol’ US of A, you are told to pack your bags and leave. That you are unpatriotic. How dare you have a mind to be different, to want to fix the unjust. To want to make this a country that all can be treated equal in. How dare you want to make changes that allow for all the right to affordable education and healthcare. If you don’t agree you are called names. Both sides of the political spectrum have lost their damn minds. The clash and the intolerance has become so stiffing and unbearable. It’s to the point, I don’t even want to look at the news or my social media feeds.

As someone who suffers majorly from Bipolar, depression, and anxiety it leaves me wanting to pull away from the world. To sit in my own space and avoid it all. I want the peace and quiet. I want to not feel the weight of the world sitting on my shoulders. I want to not feel that if I voice my opinion I may lose those who I consider a friend. I want to go back to respectful conversations. I want to not feel like I have to be a part of one or the other. I want to live in a world where there is such a thing as middle ground. I want to live in a world where compassion and love are once again a thing. I want to live in a world where we help one another. A world where ALL lives matter. Not just the lives that benefit you or yours. A world where love thy neighbor actually has some meaning, and isn’t just empty words.

A Quiet Place Bundle by Rachel Jefferies
https://the-lilypad.com/store/A-Quiet-Place-Bundle.html
Trust The Journey: Thrive Bundle by Rachel Jefferies and Studio Basic
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Trust-The-Journey-Thrive-Bundle.html
In my quiet place (elements) by Little Butterfly Wings
https://the-lilypad.com/store/In-my-quiet-place-elements.html
In my quiet place (cards) by Little Butterfly Wings
https://the-lilypad.com/store/In-my-quiet-place-cards.html
Photoless Inspiration #1 by Heartstrings Scrap Art
Multicolor Foliage/Vines by Simple Pleasure Designs
LoveItScrapIt likes this.
    • MiekSter
      Beautiful clustering of flowers, love the JC's on the bottom corner of the page
    • Amson
      Such beautiful heartfelt journalling. So terribly sad. I love the way your journalling is spaced over and under clusters of elements. So clever!
    • bestcee
      Beautiful journaling. It may have been hard to start, but you are a lovely writer. I hope you are able to find some space for yourself in this crazy busy loud time. For me, I had to turn off notifications so I could control the interruptions and what I let into my space. Thanks for sharing, and thank you for playing in my challenge.
    • LoveItScrapIt
      Gurl.....gurl.....if you started not wanting to write, you sure turned this journal into your b&%ch.....those feelings ooohhhh I felt them!!!!!
      The page is pure gorgeousness as well.
    • LoveItScrapIt
      YOUR PAGE IS A FROGGY FAVORITE!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    tammybean004
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).