BevG

Today was Sad MOC Jan 11

Today was Sad MOC Jan 11
BevG, Jan 15, 2021
Description:
All the Feels TLP Collab Part 2 & Part 3 (or maybe Part 1 - I threw them all together)
Worn Page Framers No 1 by Lynn Grieveson
Added Interest Brushes & Masks by Lynn Grieveson
The Other Twin font from The Toolbox Collection No 2 by Heather Joyce

Text reads:

Since Mei was six years old she has wanted a dog. She would go to the dog shows with Jamie and come home asking for a dog. Finally I agreed she could get one when she turned 10. She decided that she wanted a Jack Russell Terrier. So after Christmas in 2011 we started looking on the pet finder websites.
One night in January, long after she had gone to bed, I was searching and saw this JRT listed in a rescue group. Jackie (the name they gave her) was adorable in her video, 5 years old, and described as "content". Well, I knew enough about JRT dogs to know they are rarely content. So I filled out the application and sent it in without asking Mei or waiting for morning. Well, at 8am we got an answer: Yes, we could adopt her. We had to wait a couple of days to meet her as she was getting spayed. She was also positive for heartworms, but the rescue group would pay for her treatments. We loved her immediately! We adopted her on January 20, 2012.
She made it through the heartworm treatments and became quite the active little dog. The cat eventually warmed up to her, even letting Jackie lick her ears. They often would lay near each other. We decided that she was not pure JRT, but a mixture with Corgi – hence the short stubby body, thick neck, pointy ears, and short legs. For the most part she was content like a Corgi, but every once in awhile that JRT took over. She would run like crazy and could easily jump over the dinning room chairs. She loved balls, especially big ones like soccer balls. The sound of bouncing basketballs drove her crazy!
Things started to change for her in December 2017 when she was saying Hi to a bigger dog and was attacked. She recovered from that, but in December 2018, she went into congestive heart failure. We almost lost her. This happened again 6 months later in 2019. As she aged, she also had other problems with a cyst that filled with fluid, got infected, etc. In May 2020, the cyst was drained and then immediately refilled. Two days later, it burst on the x-ray table when we took her in for possible heart failure. We had to take her to the emergency vet for them to sew her up. They said she had cancer under the cyst. The next day her breathing was very fast and she was in heart failure. She pulled through it again, but we decided then that the next time would be her last. We would not attempt to rescue her again.
She slowed down even more, had trouble walking, could hardly climb the steps, could not jump or even beg. The vet saw her in November and was surprised how good she looked, considering everything she had been through. We took her with us to Kentucky at Christmas and she did not enjoy the ride there or back. She howled and whined to get out of the car until it got dark outside. Once we got home she started to show signs of congestion in her lungs but her breathing rate was okay most of the time. Saturday night, January 9, was rough, but Sunday she seemed to perk up. She even walked her regular morning walk. But as the day went on, she declined and we thought it was over at 2am Monday when she could not stand. However, when daylight came, she was walking around and even ate her pills. Around 9am James took her out one last time to pee. Her breathing was very labored and she started involuntary twitching as she laid on the rug by the front door. We debated about having her put down. James went out to dig a hole in the backyard for her. We decided she was suffering and to take her to the vet. Mei was carrying her to the car when she breathed her last breath at 10am on January 11. We buried her in the backyard next to BooBoo, Domino, and Mr. T. We got to love her for nine of her fourteen years of life. Thank you for the sweet memories, Jackie. Our lives will never be the same. We miss you.
    • Amson
      As a rescued dog owner, I can empathise with your heartfelt journalling. Putting our dogs down at the end of their lives is so terribly hard. You have captured this so well in your journalling. I am sure that the best years of Jackie's life were with you. Wonderful layout.
      BevG likes this.
    • bestcee
      I'm totally crying for you. I'm glad you were able to have so many happy years. It's so hard when dogs are at the end, and so hard to let them go. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
      BevG likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    BevG
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    157.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).