extase

Day11-tell Me A Story

Day11-tell Me A Story
extase, Jan 14, 2021
Description:
"These moments of life and happiness that we do not suspect are so precious ...

When the boys were still young, we tested Center Parcs, these famous water parks located inside large wooded areas and which are often teeming with animal life.
The first time, Q must have been 18 months old and M almost 6 years old. The first experience of the week between nature and swimming pool being already convincing, we returned there, perhaps 5 times over the years. We had to test the one in Sologne, Normandy and the one near Reims.
My god, what moments of joy, all 4 of us laughing with the children. M and Q loved the explorations in the wooded area, the ducks, deer, nutria or other small animals that came near the slopes or let themselves be approached.
So many slides in the slides, little scares, challenges we were able to launch into the aquatic field. And me, mum, who was a little afraid that one of the children would hurt herself from heckling but always ended up joining them to scream with them as they hurtled down the slope.
We have skimmed through many of the activities on offer: tree climbing, rafting down the wild river, bowling and so much more. We played bowling, mini golf, billiards and table football ... no really we took advantage.
However, we cannot say that these holidays were always so relaxing. Imagine a huge dome during the school holidays, filled with families and their children screaming, running, jumping ... Imagining reading quietly on a deckchair while concentrating was still very difficult.
I remember, among other things, the day when we tested the icy pool, the head of C and the children trying to slip in and everyone looked victorious, frozen but proud to have dared.
I also remember this memory brought back to my parents-in-law who we had joined at their place after the stay at Center Parcs, when in the few hours which followed our arrival, the children and I began to scratch our heads. .and yes, long live the community, we brought lice with us. I think my mother-in-law never appreciated having to deal with the beds and linens.

As I write these words, my heart is heavy with these memories which, when I looked for photos, came to the surface.
I see in the pictures the smiles of the children, the delirium with their dad in the water, I can see myself posted along the course, watching for the perfect photo. I remember moments of joy with the family.
But I also know that since the children grew up, became teenagers, made us drool over it (and still know easily how to lend themselves to this exercise besides) and lost this carelessness of the youth where all the joys seem easy to reach. That since those moments, I chose to take my flight alone. And even if it is my choice, even if the single life pleases me, as I write these words, this morning, the tears are bitter and my heart is heavy with these moments of happiness spent together ." (517 words in english / 544 in french)

Credits

lgrieveson_M3_Dec20_4
mld_pageturner_mmpp7

mlincdesigns_rituals2_frame
mlincdesigns_rituals2_stitches
mld_pageturner_brushf9

not in store
nbk-MOC8-gesso-paints8
rjefferies-rituals-evening-paint02
prd_brandnewyear_staples
prd_brandnewyear_ws_faves
rjefferies-beawesome-artistry-doodlybracket
rjefferies-beawesome-artistry-flower02
rjefferies-beawesome-artistry-leaf01
rjefferies-beawesome-artistry-tornpaper03
rjefferies-beawesome-artistry-wordart07
lgrieveson-first-light-glassbutton-1
rebecca_WinterWoods_ScribbleAccent
rjefferies-makeartandjournal-LoversED-ep-woodtile
nhudao likes this.
    • Saar
      Oh wow, all those layers are perfect. I love the photos and your whole page design as well. Beautiful work.
      extase likes this.
    • Amson
      Your journalling is so beautiful and heartfelt. And you are right that there are moments we do not know at the time how precious they will be to us many years later. So beautifully scrapped.
      extase likes this.
    • trekmom
      I very much enjoyed reading your story telling. What wonderful family memories. I'm so glad you were able to have them and keep them in your heart. Your photos are fantastic and this page is simply heartfelt and precious.
      extase likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love your story about the Center Parcs. They sound amazing! Your layering is awesome! Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    extase
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    551 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).