Mama Shades

January 11 [Tell Me a Story]

January 11 [Tell Me a Story]
Mama Shades, Jan 13, 2021
Description:
Elements & Paper from Amore Kit by Sahin Designs | Love Story Confetti by Sara Gleason | A Beautiful Mess by Pink Reptile Designs

505 words:
It was Cinco de Mayo 2006 and it just so happened to fall on a Friday so my friends and I planned to go to a party at the local Mexican restaurant, Banditos to celebrate. They had set up a tent in the parking lot and they were featuring my uncle's band, The Flying Mueller Brothers. I was casually dating one of the bartenders at the time and he was working that night, so not only would I get to hang out with my friends, I would be able to see him occasionally as well.

We grabbed some drinks from the inside bar and then went outside to listen to the band. We were having a great time, laughing, drinking, and dancing when I noticed a cute guy dancing near us. Let me preface this next part by saying that I knew the guy I was currently dating was not "the one." So I sidled right up to this new guy and started dancing with him. He was even cuter up close. After the song ended, we chatted for a while and I realized that he was fun to talk to as well. I left him on the dance floor to spend some more time with my friends. As my friends and I were laughing and dancing, an unfamiliar girl walked up to me to tell me that she knew the guy I was dancing with and that he was a really great guy. I said thanks but kind of blew her off - after all, I was already dating someone.

This guy and I ended up meeting up again on the dance floor a little while later. He told me that he was getting ready to leave and invited me to come with him (on his motorcycle!) to the after-party. There was NO WAY I was going to get on a stranger's motorcycle, plus I didn't want to leave my friends, so I said no, but I did agree to give him my phone number. Right before he walked away, he surprised me with a kiss!

He called me the next day and asked me if I would come to celebrate his birthday with him that night. Again, I said no to a date with him because I knew I had to say goodbye to the other guy before I could seriously start dating this one. I took my time breaking up with the guy I was dating, but the new guy kept calling and calling. We had so many great conversations on the phone before we ever went on our first date. By the time I was ready to date this new guy, he was almost ready to give up on me.

We ended up having an amazing first date. We had already built a solid foundation by talking so much on the phone that being in person was so natural. From that day on, there was never anyone else in my life. We ended up falling madly in love and that is How I Met Your Father.
FarrahJobling likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Interesting story that I'm sure your kids will appreciate some day. Clearly you have a persistent man on your hands!
    • Mama Shades
      @flowersgal that made me giggle! He always said persistence is his best quality!
    • Saar
      What a beautiful take on the challenge. I love the story and page design. I love how you did the title as well.
    • bestcee
      I love that you added the photo of the two of you, and left the focus on the story. It has a great How I met your mother vibe to it. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Mama Shades
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    111.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).