The Dress
melidy, Jan 13, 2021
Description:
Credits -
Shine Bright - Sahlin Studio
Big Fade Templates - Lynn Grieveson
Project Mouse (Princess) Aurora | Bundle - Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs

Journaling -
In the very first shop I went into, the very first dress I saw was this one. It caught my eye instantly and I fell in love with it.

We had chosen to go into First Glance first as we’d seen they were relocating and were having a sample sale. Everything was off the rack but at a hugely discounted rate. So we thought it would be a good chance to look through lots of samples to get an idea of which designers I was interested in. As we walked into the shop the Sales Assistant told us just to have a look around and I could try on as many as I wanted. The very first dress I spotted was this one, it was nothing like the dream dresses I had pined over but something attracted me to it straight away. I even said to my mam, “That one, I love that one, it’s perfect”. She was surprised too as the dresses I’d been saving were more of the princessy style, so she and my nana insisted I try on a wide variety of styles in the shop. I tried mermaid, a-line, princess, ball gown, even a tea-length dress, anything that was in a style I quite liked or I thought might suit me, but none compared to that very first dress. We went to various other shops, even trying on my “dream dress” the Belle Disney Fairytale Weddings dress, the one I’d dreamed of before even getting engaged. It looked nice on, but I wasn’t sure. I still LOVED the first dress I saw. It came down to the tough decision of love at first sight or the dress I’d been dreaming of for years. By this point it had been a few weeks since I tried on the first dress I saw, I had a photograph but I couldn’t remember how it felt, how it moved, how I felt when I was wearing it. By this stage I’d floated around in so much organza and lace I could barely remember one dress to another, so we decided to go back and try on that first dress one more time just to be sure. It seemed like nothing could compare to the first dress I laid eyes on in that shop - So that’s what I went back to.

When we arrived back at First Glance I looked at the rail hoping to find my dress, but there was nothing there. We searched the whole bottom floor of the shop and couldn’t find it. I honestly felt like crying. It solidified to me that this really was the dress I wanted. I was devastated that I might have missed my chance. Me and my mam went to look upstairs for it with no luck, and as we came back down, deflated I saw it. My dress. My nana had described it to the sales assistant while we were gone. They had taken it down to relocate it to the other shop but on hearing my nana talk about it they decided to put it back up for sale if I wanted it. I was so relieved. I tried it on one more time and all the other dresses went out of my mind. This was definitely the one. The dress I would marry the love of my life in. My nana generously offered to buy it on the spot and told me I wasn’t to leave without it again, she also surprised me by ordering the long twinkle veil that I had tried it on with. All that was needed was to alter it to fit and we added a corset back so that it fit perfectly on the day. It was perfect.

On the day my mam helped me into the dress and I instantly felt like a princess. It was perfect down to the last detail the colour, the fit, the lace, the diamonte accent. Everything. I was so excited for Phill to see me in it as he had no clue what kind of dress I’d be wearing. Luckily it didn’t disappoint and Phill told me I looked beautiful and I truly felt it for once.
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful dress. lovely journaling
      melidy likes this.
    • Saar
      Oh what a beautiful dress! I see why you fell in love with it the moment you saw it.
      I love how you blended the photo. I love your page design and I LOVE your story. :beat:heartlub
      Beautiful layout!:beat:heartlub
      melidy likes this.
    • Saar
      I want to come back and tell you... YOUR PAGE IS A FROGGY FAVORITE!
      melidy and cfile like this.
    • cfile
      Gorgeous dress and beautiful story. I had a similar story.. So so glad you went back and got it and that you felt so beautiful in it.. I love that you scrapped this and wrote the story as it will be perfect in a wedding album. I love the photo blended into the background in the b/w gray toned, and then the cropped and framed portion of the dress in color.. so beautiful and your composition is perfect too... Beautiful TFS! Congrats on the Froggy Fav as it is!! Well deserved!
      melidy likes this.
    • KarenB
      This is so beautiful! The big photo in the BG, the blending - just wonderful! I enjoyed your story too :)
      melidy likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      oh ♥WOW♥ such a dreamlike page and dress, such a wonderful design- love it♥ Congrats on FF♥
      melidy likes this.
    • Skivvy
      Love the story and the page. Love the black and white blended photo in the background
      melidy likes this.
    • trekmom
      I am in love with your story of finding your wedding dress, the photo, and this page are just a dream come true.
      melidy likes this.
    • Nemla
      Perfect journaling, about a perfect dress. It does look gorgeous ! And I love the way you scrapped the page.
      melidy likes this.
    • flowersgal
      The dress is beautiful and I'm sure you were beautiful in it. So glad that you were able to get it after the fright of it no longer being available to you. Lovely page.
      melidy likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    melidy
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    777 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).