Saar, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
Nieuwjaarsdrink - MOC Nine - Jan 11 - Tell Me A Story
534 words in Dutch
593 words in English

Credits:
- Artsy Journal Templates 1 - Scrapping With Liz
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Artsy-Journal-1-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html
- Life Is: Keeping Memories Alive - Little Butterfly Wings & Studio Basic Designs
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Life-is-Keeping-Memories-alive-kit.html
- Big Rumpled Alpha - Kim Jensen
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Big-Rumpled-Alpha.html

A digital and online new years’ drink from work. It’s something different than normal. But last year, the whole year was strange and not normal. So, I think I could have expected a digital new years reception at work. Due to all the measures taken to control the coronavirus we aren’t allowed to get together, we aren’t allowed to work together, we still have to work from home, we can’t be in the same room together or at our office. And we can’t be together in the same meeting. Fysical I mean. So no new years’ reception this year. And considering all that is going on in the world, it’s for the best.
But my boss bought us a gift instead. He bought everyone a box with lots of sweet treats and drinks to celebrate the beginning of the new year. And since we aren’t allowed to fysically see each other, my boss drove around to visit every single one of my co-workers. She drove a lot, since most of us don’t live near each other. First she drove to Katrien, she lives in Balen, all the way in Limburg. Then she drove to my co-workers who live in Turnhout and Oud-Turnhout. After that, she headed to Lint, to see me. It was after 9 p.m. when she arrived at my house. I hadn’t seen her since March, so I was very happy to see her in person and not on a screen. We kept our distance, since we are not allowed to go near each other. She is also not allowed to enter my home, so we talked in the front yard. We talked for half an hour. When she left, she headed to Beerse, to see Eveline. Eveline was the last stop. I say a big thank you to Kristel, to taken the time and effort to drive around and hand over the gifts personally.
In the box were a lot of treats. There was a bottle of Bink gin, tonic, orange juice, a beer, different kinds of cookies and chips and dip.
What is the purpose of the whole box? Well, on Friday January 8th, at 5 p.m. we should put on our computer and watch a movie. It’s a reception speech from our mayo rand big boss. They hold these kinds of speeches every year. It’s a speech to thank us for our loyalty and hard work. But what’s more important this year… In the film we are announcing our new corporate identity. Me and my team of co-workers we worked all year to create a new corporate identity. I am very proud of how the result turned out. Our mayor will reveil the result of that work in the movie. I love the new logo and the new colors, so it would have been fun to see everyone elses’ faces if we had announce the new corporate identity in person to everyone.
After we watched the movie, Ward and I enjoyed our drinks and appetizers. We especially enjoyed the Bink gin. It’s a gin specially made for the city I work for. Anyway, this was the start of my weekend.
A digital and online new years’ drink… it’s something different. It’s not the same than celebrating the new year with 500 of your co-workers. But to be honest… I never really like new years’ drinks. They are too crowded, to many obligations, it’s all a little fake. So to be fair… I enjoyed watching the movie from work together with Ward, just the two of us at home.
JenEm, nhudao and BLKinOR like this.
    • garrynkim
      What a lovely thing for your boss to do! I really enjoyed reading about her and your work. That was so cool and I love how you've scrapped this. I adore the paper layering, title and the pretty clusters.
      Saar likes this.
    • Saar
      @garrynkim Thank you so much for your kind comments, I really appreciate it.
    • cfile
      What a wonderful way to celebrate, and to celebrate your accomplishments, especially at home with Ward, who I know is so proud of you. Also how wonderful that your boss visited everyone personally with that gift :) I love your layered papers your wonderful clusters and that framed photo of your Mayor/boss from the movie and the photo of your box of goodies. The clustering of elements are fantastic. What a great page Sarah, and so glad you documented it as this is a great accomplishment re the new identity of the company you worked so hard to do, especially with the distancing guidelines and having to do it all while working from home. Well done and great page my dear! As always :)
      Saar likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Sounds like a wonderful celebration for an introverted homebody, I reckon I would have loved it too. The layers are fabulous with really eye catching clusters. You rocked this challenge.
      Saar likes this.
    • designbylime
      What a great story and such wonderful way to get a party without meeting. Loved your journaling and to read some hints about your work. Lovely page.
      StefanieS and Saar like this.
    • flowersgal
      What an interesting way to celebrate. Kudos to your boss for her thoughtfulness in driving to each of you individually to bring you a treat and thank you for your hard work. Congrats on the new corporate identity that you helped create. Beautiful layout with the small photos and the clustering.
      StefanieS and Saar like this.
    • Saar
      @cfile Thank you so much for your kind words, Christa! And for taking the time to write such a beautiful and long reply! :beat:heartlub
      cfile and StefanieS like this.
    • Saar
      @Eyeore Thank you so much for your kind words!- Yes, it wasn't that bad! Lol.
      StefanieS likes this.
    • Saar
      @designbylime Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I really appreciate it.
      StefanieS likes this.
    • Saar
      StefanieS likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Saar
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    408.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).