Jan. 11 Tell Me A Story
jaye, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
created using Life is: An Adventure by Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic
Retro Pop Worn Frames by Lynn Grieveson
font-DK Au Revoir
word count 558
journaling reads:
My dream was to visit Ireland as I had become obsessed through reading books that were set in this country. I fully blame Nora Roberts for this. I became determined that for my fiftieth birthday I was going to visit Ireland by myself, just me and my camera on an adventure to celebrate a new decade of my life. I discovered a company called Authentic Vacations that had trips as well as customizing a trip for you. My price included accommodations, daily breakfasts, a car, and insurance. I worked with my agent to create the trip of my dreams, exploring castles, landscapes and even staying overnight in a Castle as well as a Manor House. I made monthly payments and saved for a year to take this trip of a lifetime. Part of me couldn't believe I was doing this!

July was upon me and I anxiously packed for my trip, I was nervous, anxious and so so excited to be doing this. My parents and Braeden drove me to the airport to see me off on my amazing adventure. It was a late-night flight from Toronto to Dublin after my short flight from Windsor. I got myself checked in and took a seat to await my flight, of course, my flight was delayed and then delayed again. My excitement and anxiety rising, finally, we boarded the plane and soon I would be arriving in Dublin.

After an uneventful and smooth flight, I had my first view of Dublin, Ireland. I tried to look like a seasoned traveler as my insides were jumping and my heart beating as we exited the plane and made our way into the airport. After gathering my luggage I made my way over to the Hertz Rental car kiosk to pick up my vehicle for the next eight days. My vehicle was called a 'city car', it was a little, and I mean little, red car. Perfect for me who had never driven on the left side of the road and had no idea where I was going. I got myself sorted, papers signed, luggage in the car, and off I went.

I hate to admit it but I got lost getting out of the airport, to be more specific I couldn't find the very first road I was to turn on to. Anxiety is building and nerves wracked as I was already nervous about driving with other vehicles around. Finally, I found where I needed to be and made a successful turn. With shaking hands, I entered traffic and hoped with all hope I did not cut someone off or hit something. Well, I did both, unfortunately. I cut off a bus changing lanes and the hitting of something will come later. I entered the roundabout and felt somewhat confident as they were clearly marked, I made my way to the exit I needed without difficulty and continued toward my destination. It was a forty-minute drive from the airport to my first place of accommodation, the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel. I was struck by the quaintness of Killiney as I came through and managed to get too close to the side of the road and nicked a street light with my mirror. . . . .oops. After driving past the entrance three times I finally found my way in. My amazing adventure was about to begin!
alinalove and FarrahJobling like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      lovely travel themed page, great story telling.
    • Sokee
      you had me at Nora Roberts LOL wonderful journaling and I love that your three photos support your full story! So HAPPY you had your dream trip come true!
    • cfile
      Oh Jaye, I loved reading about your wanting and saving to go to Ireland. I just love it there after being there twice I have to go again! I give you tons of Kudos as we went with a Coach (bus) with a Tour Company. I could not even imagine us driving around. Bravo to you my friend! Loved reading your journaling and I hope you plan to scrap more of your Ireland trip so I can see your photos!! Beautifula and I love the map background!
    • jaye
      @cfile my dad convinced me to pay extra and get the automatic car. I was grateful as I don't think I could have managed the narrow windy roads with a manual, it's pretty flat and straight here. I would go back to that country in half a heartbeat, loved it!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @jaye Yes in the UK and Ireland they rent manual .. I can drive stick but I prefer to see the countryside out the window of the coach :)
      Joan K likes this.
    • Joan K
      After reading tales of Ireland from you and Christa (@cfile), I think I may write a travelogue of my 9 day trip to Ireland (in 2016) as well. Nothing terribly unusual or exciting - like Christa, we saw a lot from a coach bus - but I should write the details down now or I'll forget a lot forever! Thanks for the inspiration!
      cfile and jaye like this.
    • garrynkim
      I'm so glad you got to go! Great story and layout. Love the photos.
    • LynnG
      Beautifully done :-) I need to get to Ireland too, since my girls are very Irish!
    • Saar
      What an awesome take on the challenge. I love the page design, the story, the elements... I love everything about your layout.
      And Ireland is beautiful, isn't it? I certainly hope it was everything you hoped it would be.
      jaye likes this.
    • jaye
      @Saar oh it was! I have even researched what it would take to move and get a job there, prices on renting flats, getting my dog to come with me, lol. Sadly I have no Irish in me, we seem to be English since the beginning of time. I can get my British passport.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jaye
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    299.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).