cfile

Blarney Castle (MOC9 day 11 story)

Blarney Castle (MOC9 day 11 story)
cfile, Jan 11, 2021
Description:
January 11 : Tell Me A Story (500 words or more)
Credits:
Allison Pennington | Foundation Subfloors Vol3
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Foundation-Subfloors-v3.html
Memory Pockets Monthly | Foundation Main (alpha - Blarney with my style added)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Memory-Pockets-Monthly-Foundation-2021-edition.html
Paula Kesselring | Lucky #1 - Elements
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Lucky-1.html
Paula Kesselring | Kiss Me Brushes (green lips)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Kiss-Me-Brushes1.html
Lynn Grieveson | Torn Paper Template (MOC9 Day 6 Freebie)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Torn-Paper-Template.html
font: Aftergrows (journaling) and bacana regular (title word castle)
566 words
--------------------------
Journaling:
"When we got the CIE Tours booklet back in October 2018, we looked and looked at all the trips they had to choose from. We really wanted to go to see Southern Ireland, and I found the perfect trip. The Irish Adventure tour that went all around Ireland and Northern Ireland. It would include the Book of Kells in Dublin, Glendalough, Waterford, Cobh, Blarney Castle, the Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, a Sheep Dog demonstration, Donegal, Derry, Giant's Causeway, Titanic Belfast and then a self guided tour in Dublin. That was the perfect trip to choose! January 2019 had a great BOGO deal on airfare so we booked the trip... we would go in November! Once we booked the trip, we started planning. With the tour there is an itinerary, so we knew when there would be down time to explore some things on our own. When we were planning our trip to Ireland, I really wanted to “Kiss The Blarney Stone” at the Blarney Castle. We watched lots of YouTube videos so I knew what to expect. I was really on the fence for all the months leading up to our trip and finally said yes I would do it! On Wednesday November 6, 2019 we went to Cobh, which was the last port of call for the Titanic, and it was raining. Light rain, but raining, and I started thinking again that maybe going up to kiss the stone would not be such a good idea, with it being slippery with the wet stone. After Cobh, we were on our way in the Coach to the Blarney Castle. It was gorgeous! We had our gortex jackets on with our hoods, and I put the poncho over my tote bag, as it was really raining. It was still nice visiting the castle, and we were taking a lot of photos of the castle and the surrounding gardens. We even found the rock I was looking for, that had a carved out circle in the center which you could get a cool photo of the castle through. Some of our tour mates had gone up to kiss the stone. As I thought about it again, knowing how clutsy I am on wet pavement, I felt it was a good decision for me not to kiss the Blarney Stone. My additional reasoning (besides everything being wet), was that I already had the "gift of gab" so kissing the stone would not add anything to my speech! In actuality, I heard it was very narrow going up the castle stairs and that it was very wet and slippery. That was all I needed to know my decision to stay put on flat land was the right one! We walked around some more, going to the Woolen Mills outlets. We also decided to share a chedder cheese topped scone and have a coffee at the restaurant café. While at the café, the sun broke through the clouds, so we left and walked around some more. We spotted this stone wall with castle posts, so I went up to it and pursed my lips as CJ snapped the photo. I may not have kissed the Blarney Stone at the Blarney Castle, but I kissed A STONE at the Blarney Castle!!! While misty and raining a bit, it was a wonderful day and a wonderful trip to Ireland."
LynnG, marijke and katell like this.
    • Karen
      What a gorgeous page Christa! And I loved reading your journaling.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Karen Thank you so very much Karen :) It really was one of our funny stories from our wonderful trip!
      Karen likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Love it, I would not be keen to kiss the Blarney stone either.
      Love the misty photo and the wonderful details you shared about your trip.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Eyeore thanks Stefanie!!! Nowadays, with COVID I really wouldn't want to LOL.. who knows if you can catch it from the stone!
      StefanieS likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful photos and page, great story telling
      cfile likes this.
    • Saar
      Oh this is soooo beautiful! I LOVED reading the story. I think your layout 'breaths' Ireland. I love the photos, all the green colors, the blend, the torn paper and all the details... Such a stunning layout Christa, as always! :beat:heartlub
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
    • cfile
      @Saar Thank you so much Sarah. I totally love it there. That was our second trip, and to be honest I want to go back again :) Thank you again for your beautiful comments on my page and journaling. It means a lot!
    • designbylime
      I love your journaling and I can't get over that you kissed a stone :D I could feel the rain and the mist. Love it Christa.
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @designbylime thanks Merethe. It was gorgeous there but the real kissing of the Blarney stone you need to lay on your back and bend your neck back to kiss it upside down and that was a no for me LOL this was our joke and take on kissing a stone at the Blarney Castle and better suited for me with my feet firmly planted on the normal ground!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    245.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).