dotcomkari

Why I Scrapbook

Why I Scrapbook
dotcomkari, Jan 5, 2021
Description:
I started scrapbooking as a way to preserve memories for my children. I would scrap those billions of photos on my phone or camera that I took of my children. Photos that deserved a home other than a memory file. Scrapbooking makes a home for these memories. It motivates me to get organized. And as soon as I begin, I am SO thankful when I see dozens of wonderful memories that would have been forgotten.
As the years went by it become not only a way to keep the memories alive, but also an emotional outlet for me. I found myself scrapping more often to release the emotions that laid inside of me through art journaling or personal letters to my children. Of course I still did a lot of just scrapping to preserve memories, but the pages got more and more personal. I found that pages took more time and more thought went into each and every page. Every element was chosen for a reason and photos were picked because they truly meant something.
I wanted to record the memories, because memories lie. Every person remembers something different; for example me and Eric remember our first date totally different. I wanted to record those memories while they were happening or soon after so they were fresh in my head. Not a fragments of a memory years down the road.
I thought I took a lot of photos before I started scrapbooking, but the truth is now that I scrapbook I find myself taking even more photos! Scrapbooking will motivate you to take more photos of the important stuff (like your family!) and the little things (like your everyday routines). It's a great reminder to tell stories through photos.
Scrapbooking has also became a creative outlet for me. I love trying new things and expanding on my skills. There are endless options when creating the perfect scrapbook page and I love mixing styles and designs to create that something special that is unique to me.
Lastly, scrapbooking has helped me build friendships with people world wide I would have never came across if it wasn't for scrapbooking. Due to the many scrapbookinig communities and forums I have become a part of, I have gained lifelong friends. Some of these friends I talk daily to and have gained stronger relationships than those people around me . I am so blessed to have met such amazing people through scrapbooking.

Little Butterfly Wings: Iscrap
Little Butterfly Wings and Studio Basic: Life is: Making Memories, Makers Gonna Make
M3 Sept 2019
Rachel Jefferies and Studio Basic: Here and Now
Valorie Wibbens, Lauren Grier and Micheline Martin: Get Your Craft On

407 Words Total
cinderella and extase like this.
    • Bec
      wow there is so much to see here, I love all the details and layering. I'm going to have to come back for another look as soon as I can find my glasses :P
    • norton94
      Love this Kari! Love your journaling and the overall page design with all the pockets!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • dotcomkari
      @norton94 Aw thank you dear! I had so much fun with this!
      norton94 likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Amazing detail work and layering! Loved the journaling and love your page design! Wonderful! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • HeatherB
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • Saar
      Wow, wow, wow! I love your page design and all the details. Beautiful work.
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • carrie1977
      Wonderful journaling...wonderful layout! Love all the details!
    • CaroB71
      This page is stunning! I love your use of chosen papers and elements, every time I look at I see something new. There is so much love and care that's gone into every detail here and then as soon as I read your journalling I realised why! :)
    • jam-on-toast
      There is so much to see on your page... love the messy look of it and the order in this seeming chaos. Fantastic layout. I too am taking more photos these days, thinking about layouts I'll make and the kits I'll need to buy. And being a part of a scrapbooking community is a great motivator to scrap more.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Little Butterfly Wings
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    178.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).