January 5 Fill A Fourth

January 5 Fill A Fourth
jam-on-toast, Jan 6, 2021
Description:
Day 5: Fill a Fourth
Kit used: no
https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-no.html

My journaling says it all:

I don't ever, but I know others do. Scrap to explore their creativity or as a means to express themselves, rather than to chronicle their lives. In a way, I guess, recording one's feelings IS preserving moments, something akin to keeping an emotional diary. Kind of what I am doing right now. I don't like today's challenge because so much white space makes me cringe: I've got so many photos to scrap and leaving 75% of the page blank feels like a waste. And doing a page and NOT including it in my album... Hmmm... Is it my vanity speaking? The funny part it, turns out this challenge is having a cathartic effect on me as I've just realised I'm doing something I never do - expressing myself through art. And having fun while I'm at it. Definitely something to think about. Perhaps I could even make an album of the pages I never meant to make? I had finished the cluster below before I started on the journaling, so I'm going to leave it as it is. Boy, am I glad I joined the MOC.
KarenB, turtlebug and lorieh like this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Lol...we are on opposite ends of the scrapping spectrum. I create to be creative (no kids, not close to family, not a historian or documentarian). From your journaling, you are more true to what scrapbooking was intended for--preserving memories, documenting family history through photos. It is fabulous we can meet in the middle--at TLP and share our scrapping styles.
    • Saar
      Oh I love your take on the challenge. I love how you filled the fourth.
    • bellbird
      Oh yes, I am very much like you really, I'm not a fan of negative space on my pages for the same reasons you mentioned but I love that you filled your fourth with your thinking & not vanity at all to me, glad you are enjoying stretching yourself with MOC
    • cfile
      Great fill of your fourth.great papers and elements you have used.
    • pbrooks
      Great layout and thoughtful journaling. I usually scrapbook for my family, especially my kids. I don't consider myself creative but I have a few layouts that I have tried for the challenges.
    • jk703
      Thanks for joining in! I appreciate your perspective.
    • jam-on-toast
      @jk703 Well, this challenge was just the frist... I've done a few more 'just because' since then and really enjoyed the process. Thanks for the challenge.
      jk703 likes this.
    • jam-on-toast
      @pbrooks I can relate. But I enjoy discovering there IS some creativity in me after all. Keep scrapping. :)
    • jam-on-toast
      @ArmyGrl Totally! Scrapbooking is such a versatile hobby... love it!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    Jan 6, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    440.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).