mcurtt

Lynn-Grieveson_2020-12-December_Challenge_Gift-Journaling_web

Lynn-Grieveson_2020-12-December_Challenge_Gift-Journaling_web
mcurtt, Dec 1, 2020
Description:
Lynn Grieveson Designs - available at The LilyPad

Gift Journaling Challenge for December: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...ber-challenge-story-telling-journaling.74394/

Glad Tidings: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Glad-Tidings-Kit.html

Journaling reads: Uncle Max lived in the flat below us in the home my grandparents owned. He was my godfather, a confirmed bachelor, my mother’s oldest brother. He was known for buying me Christmas gifts that were thoughtful although a bit extravagant for the time. One year he bought me a Singer electric sewing machine, the SewHandy. It was classified as a toy, but it worked, created a chain stitch, with no bobbin. I loved it! I remember sewing a pajama bag, clothing for my dolls, and much more. Another year he bought me a geology set. I was a bit of a nerd, I collected rocks and was thrilled with the tools and information included on cataloging them. But then one year he bought me an electric toothbrush. I couldn’t have been more than 12, and while it was a nice gift, it was not something a little girl would appreciate... I remember the room going silent as I showed everyone my present. I’m sure I was gracious in accepting it at the time, but the next year, and every year after that, Uncle Max would gift me with money, the safe approach. :-)
KittyY likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      fantastic storytelling. Beautiful page, and lovely photos.
      Thank you.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • KittyY
      an electric toothbrush lol I love that you wrote about this!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Dady
      Love your page and photos ♥️
      mcurtt likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Love those vintage photos and your story about Uncle Max. What a fun uncle.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      Such a great page and so glad you told so much about Uncle Max. Sounds like he learned his lesson after the toothbrush! A wise purchase but not so great for a young girl. Love the colors of this kit!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • LynnG
      Your storytelling is perfect. I am sure it was so special to him to have family, and your documenting is wonderful
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What an awesome memory about your Uncle Max. That's a funny story about the toothbrush. Luckily, he took the safe route after that with money. Love your nostalgic page.
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Dec 1, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    253.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).