cookingmylife

20-11-Journaling-Back-Then

20-11-Journaling-Back-Then
cookingmylife, Nov 18, 2020
Description:
back story - I finally started on my b.i.g. clean out of old papers and found this 8x10. Wondering why I saved it but then remembering it was an example of Navy technology by taking a photo and it then printing on a printer - waaay before household computers. 1993

WHO: Me at the Air Expo down at NAS Pax River
WHAT: A demo of a new technology - taking a photo & having it print right before your eyes on photo paper
WHERE: the Booz-Allen, Hamilton booth at the Expo
WHEN : Summer 1993
WHY: Going to all the major events in Southern Maryland was part of my job. I loved going to Pax River anytime but the Air Expo had such a display of new ideas & techniques - in addition to a marvelous display of air power! Because I was representing a US Senator, this tech company wanted to be sure she saw a great example of their work.
Oh ...and then there were all those Navy men!

lgrieveson Illuminate tp
lgrieveson-Kohi kit papers
paislee-PackYourBags

Thanks for looking!
    • flowersgal
      Love your journaling. My DH was stationed at PAX River many moons ago but well before these Expos. Interesting reading and fun memory. I like the photo too.
    • cookingmylife
      @flowersgal I now have a young (50ish) good friend married to a Navy Captain who was down at Pax River after I left that job. Test Pilot School and VQ Squadron. Time flies...
    • HeatherB
      This is so cool! It is amazing how far technology has come!! Love the journaling and thank you for putting it in your gallery credits and the extra explanation. Great page!!
    • Angela Toucan
      isn't it amazing how fast and how much technology has changed? Great page and thank you for the back story.
    • Nemla
      Perfect memory page. I love it, and the journaling is so good. What fun you must have had !
    • LynnG
      This is fun! Laughed at the comment about the earrings too - so funny how things disappear along the way then years later you think, 'wish I still had them' :-)
    • mcurtt
      Fun page, enjoyed your journaling, and maybe one day you'll find your earrings. That background paper looks "techie" as well.
    • cookingmylife
      @mcurtt I thought the same about the paper ...electrons whizzing about!
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Nov 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    248.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).