Claire Grantham

Rachel Jefferies: September 2020 Challenge - Butterfly Moment

Rachel Jefferies: September 2020 Challenge - Butterfly Moment
Claire Grantham, Sep 30, 2020
Description:
IMO one of the scariest things about being a newbie to digital scrapping is shadows!! I loved Lisa's tutorials, but I'm not sure me and PSE are quite there yet. But I gave it ago, I decided the light was coming from the bottom of my page and used 2 different depths of shadow to show that and I added a third more subtle shadow for my top butterfly, as that is under the staple. I think that having part of my title as a 'stamp' makes the light source work well.
I did use Rachel's Jephson template, but I recreated the shadows... no cheating here!
I used -
Wings Unfolded papers and MMA
Lisa B, Smwhite and jesskab like this.
    • jesskab
      Aww, this is beautiful! I didn't understand shadowing until my 6th year of scrapping. I still use Fiddle-Dee-Dee's Shadows {Dressed Up} for every page I make. I envy your adventurous spirit. You did an outstanding job!
    • Claire Grantham
      @jesskab I think this is the nicest comment ever! You really made my day. I only started scrapping in March, so I am pretty relieved that I'm not being silly about not getting this :)
      jesskab likes this.
    • flowersgal
      Fun page and you did a good job on the shadowing. One of my best purchases ever was Fiddle Dee Dee's Shadows. I occasionally do my own but hers are quicker and consistent when I'm unsure of my own.
    • Claire Grantham
      @flowersgal Thank you! I got a birthday voucher from my hubby, so I think given all the advice I have seen those FDD shadows are a must-have.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is wonderful, Claire! You did a great job on shadowing! Once you "get it" you'll never not shadow. Love your creative process - "where is the light coming from". Great job!
    • Claire Grantham
      @Cherylndesigns Thank you Cheryl for your lovely comment and encouraging words. x
    • ArmyGrl
      Yea! Get right on out of that comfort zone and join the shadow side! lol! You did wonderfully! Especially the butterfly on top...looks like it just landed. Thank you for joining the Rachel Jefferies shadow challenge this month!
    • Claire Grantham
      @ArmyGrl GIRL!! You pushed me so far out of that zone, I no longer have the keys to get back in LOL. Thanks for your comment, I was especially pleased with the top butterfly, so glad you liked it.
    • mcurtt
      This is awesome! I love the b&w image of you against the gray background amid all of the colorful elements. Great design! Great shadowing. :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    Claire Grantham
    Date:
    Sep 30, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    231.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).