MrsPeel

80s {Twas Al About The Music} or why I fear technology...

80s {Twas Al About The Music} or why I fear technology...
MrsPeel, Aug 21, 2020
Description:
I remember bring extremely weary of synthesizers, electric drum kits, lots of technology innovations that might be great but, to us, meant the way for our already crowded industry to be able to do stuff without us, the wages going down, I remember even being not a great fan of Walkman when it first showed in South America. From the mod to late 70s to this present day, as much as I love using part of the technological advances, looking back in time and seeing the way things have gotten even more difficult these days, when you have machines that can make tone deaf people sing reasonably.... don;t get me wrong, I am very aware that in our times there was also a LOT of talent-less people who would get to the front lines, but at least it was a battle human 2 human.... then on the other hand.... at some point in my life when I was playing with some of the most talented musician and we almost made it to the studio, if we had then the technology we have now? we would have had at least a shot to make it big, Though I know sometimes all the talent in the world may not work, it depends on content, marketing and, like my Dad would say, that drop of magical luck..... the amount of money we needed to cut a good recording was huge, today we could make it with an iMac in Garage band.... anyway..... I am not against, but a bit scared of how fast technology is growing, even more so after reading an article about GPT3 a language generator algorithm, in which a student produced a completely human-less blog that went viral and people were sure it was written by a human.... if you are interested , is here in the MIT Technology Review

I lost most of my photos from time on stage, my luck that my family and my friends came to the gigs and took photos sometime, this one I think was mid 80s. Thanks to Carol aka Iowan, for asking for pages with my photos, not just it makes me hugely flattered that she likes looking at my pages when she is one of my big time favorites, but also took me again on a time travel journey that gives way to so much thinking, contemplation of how blessed, how lucky I was and I am :)

with NEW RELEASE ON SALE this weekend :
Little Butterfly Wings, Lynn Grieveson, Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies:
Mixed Media Monthly Subscription M3 August 2020 : Music Speals - Main Kit

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-Music-Speaks.html
Little Butterfly Wings : Elements {Add On} M3 August 2020
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Elements-add-on-M3-August-2020.html
Lynn Grieveson : Sing to Me Elements M3 Aug 2020 Add On
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sing-to-me-Elements.html
also by Lynn Grieveson :
A lot of Nonsense Brushes/Stamps

https://the-lilypad.com/store/A-Load-of-Nonsense.html
Many Marks Brushes/Stamps
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Many-Marks-brushes.html
all on sale this weekend :)
TFL!!!!
    • Lynnette
      So cool to see you on stage! I only wish I could hear you sing too! This is so vibrant and beautiful.
    • FarrahJobling
      SO cool! I love the story with it too...thanks for sharing with us. Hopefully you’ll find or get your hands on more of the photos =)
    • Trish
      OMG this is fantastic, thank you for sharing that story. There is so much to learn about you. Fabulous
    • RJMJ
      OMG!...What An Incredible Story! You Have Told Here!...I Seem To Learn More & More Things About You My Friend Every Time I Visit Your Gallery!...Wonderful Layout!...Great Pic Of You Playing The Guitar!...Wow!...This Is So Cool!...:bk...
    • KarenB
      What a brilliant photo! I love, and agree with you journaling too! I love how you used that kit - perfect for your photo :)
    • Angela Toucan
      fun blending, beautiful cluster
    • zinzilah
      I love the pages of Sarita's journey but yours was and is an amazing adventure too, and it is wonderful seeing you in your pages! Thanks so much for sharing.
    • flowersgal
      Wow -- look at "hot you" on stage singing your heart out. Bravo! The layout is wonderful and I especially enjoyed reading your thoughts above about technology and your times in the industry. Fun memories.
    • LynnG
      You are so cool, my friend xx
    • Nemla
      WOWser ! a cool mama for sure. I am glad that you are posting pages like this, they are wonderful ! As to the tec thoughts, yep it is definitely getting scary , just try getting an actual person on the Amazon Help line for example, you can have a 10 min "conversation " before you realize you are talking to a auto generated response.... but I digress, A fab page with a fab Lady .
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    MrsPeel
    Date:
    Aug 21, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    269.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).