Credits:
Lynn Grieveson | Delightful Days - Templates
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Delightful-Days-templates.html
Lynn Grieveson | Boho Vibes Bundle
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Boho-Vibes-Kit.html
font: Berlin
-------------
[Some items (tag and paper) hue adjusted for darker greens and golden brown]
JenEm, jenirlsrsly, KarenB and 2 others like this.
    • flowersgal
      What a delightful feathery layout. I'm not familiar with the "sign" -- care to share what that is?? How amazing that he said for 20 minutes "posing" for you. The birds in my yard tend to fly away just as I get the camera ready so it's always a challenge to get a clear photo.
    • flowersgal
      What a delightful feathery layout. I'm not familiar with the "sign" -- care to share what that is?? How amazing that he said for 20 minutes "posing" for you. The birds in my yard tend to fly away just as I get the camera ready so it's always a challenge to get a clear photo.
    • cfile
      @flowersgal Thank you. Patsy, it is a long story.. I have made a page before with the story, but it represents my Mom... she was a bird watcher and past president of the local Audobon Chapter. I had an apartment on Long Island in a person's home. The owner of the house was a "Falconer" and had a Falcon at the house that he was training etc. The same day that my mother passed away (1/25/90) the bird also flew away, never to return. When my Dad and I were in my apartment going through the bag of cards from the funeral home (it was a small white shopping bag), at the bottom of the bag in the fold was a falcon feather. It should not have been in the bag from the funeral parlor.

Since that day, whenever I need her or have a question and need an answer or it is a special day, I see the Cooper's Hawk which very closely resembles the Peregrine Falcon. This is the "sign" for my Mom and like I said it will sit around on the fence or the tree branch for a bit before taking off. I live in a residential area. It should not be hanging around in the back yard. My father's sign for me is the Great Blue Heron and neither the CH or the GBH fail me, always sending signs whenever I need them most. Mom passed away when I was 28 and my Dad when I was 51. I still feel them with me as if it was yesterday.
      Dalis likes this.
    • amandaresende
      such a gorgeous page, my dear! love the colors and the awesome photo!!!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
    • Dalis
      Christa, this is so touching and personal and I just want to thank you for allowing us into the story and you! LOVE YA!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @Dalis XO Dalis.. thank you.
      Dalis likes this.
    • KarenB
      I remember your story about your mum. So precious to see this beautiful bird. With the additional meaning it has for you, you must have been thrilled! Love your layering and those feathers are perfect :)
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @KarenB Thanks Karen... 2 months back it hit the house on the back door with such force. I looked out the kitchen window to see what the noise was and it bounced to the small cement patio.. shook it's head once I saw it, and then took off. Not sure what she was trying to tell me, but I haven't seen it since.. my hubby did though as like 2 weeks ago he came in and said it was flying low and just flew passed him as he was out at the street retrieving the mail. I was glad as that means it is still around and not damaged from the hit to the house!
      KarenB likes this.
    • KarenB
      @cfile Maybe she just wants you to know that's she's still there - looking out for you? Glad it's ok :)
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Aug 7, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    239.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).