spcoggs

Brain MRI

Brain MRI
spcoggs, Aug 5, 2020
Description:
I've suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember. Lately I've had a few changes. Between that and my most recent MRI being in 2007, my neurologist referred me for a new one last week. I learned I'm still claustrophobic, but now thankfully there is an option to watch TV during the scan! That little detail was a huge help. After it was over, my scrapbooking self celebrated when they gave me a CD of images. That did not happen 13 years ago! LOL So, the image in the page is my brain and about all I could handle looking at. Strangely, I find it bizarre to see photos of my own brain? At any rate, the best news was finding out all is well. I didn't get answers, but am very thankful for the news that my MRI was clear.

Credits: Treasured - The Places and The People collaboration kits; Ouch and Gather kits, and Mouse Directed freebie by Sahlin Studio; Agenda elements by One Little Bird.
JennFort, JenEm, Dalis and 4 others like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      great page about your experience.
      spcoggs likes this.
    • trekmom
      Fantastic page, love how your MRI is peeking out of the envelope.
      On a side note, Amovig has helped me with my migraines. Cut down by half.
      spcoggs likes this.
    • frani_54
      You may not have gotten answers to the why of it, but the good news is your brain is fine.....Hee hee.....love the layout.
      spcoggs likes this.
    • KarenB
      Wow, seeing your own brain like that must be weird! I love the clean way you scrapped this. The little pops of red are so delicate. Beautifully done :)
      spcoggs likes this.
    • fruitysuet
      What a great page, very striking with the pops of red against the black and white. I'm not sure how I could cope with a brain MRI (my daughter had to have one when she was very young, thankfully this was done under sedation). I'm glad to read that your results from the MRI were clear.
      spcoggs likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Love the end result - glad that you got a clean bill of health from the scan.
      Great layer and shadow work and love the delicate pops of red. Well done and thanks for sharing
      spcoggs likes this.
    • wvsandy
      What a wonderful Lo! Love your story and good news! The B&W works so well and your element choices really support your story.
      spcoggs likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      A reminder during the pandemic not to let your health care needs falter! The B&W color scheme with the trio of red pops (in an eye pleasing visual triangle) really make an impact! I love the selfie with the mask for reference of exactly what time this MRI took place. So glad all is Ok and really LOVE this page!
      spcoggs likes this.
    • bellbird
      so glad to hear that your scan was clear but it's also a bummer you had to go for it (that selfie is very much a sign of the times image) and that it doesn't really change things with your migraines but the page is really channeling that newspaper colour scheme (blck and white and 'read' all over) and has that fact and news feel. (And that tv while getting an MRI thing sounds like an amazing distraction/improvement to the process!)
      spcoggs likes this.
    • Dalis
      super cool that the picture on your page is your ACTUAL BRAIN! COOL!!!!!!!! So happy your MRI is cleared... a TV???? I get headphones and SPOTIFY WITH ADS!!!!! LOL!!!
      spcoggs likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Style Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    spcoggs
    Date:
    Aug 5, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    181.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).