July Christmas in July Recipe Challenge

July Christmas in July Recipe Challenge
Cherylndesigns, Jul 25, 2020
Description:
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 350°

Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares, on cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough.

Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg.

Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm. Garnish as you like - apples, cranberry chutney, sweet cranberries, etc.

Credits: SBasic All Wrapped Up pp and elements. Sahlin Studios December 4x6 card.

This is fun - I was looking for my Baked Brie picture from a Christmas ago and found this one from 2011. Very early digital scrapbook page, too. Haha

[​IMG]
Electra likes this.
    • mary kate
      This looks delicious! My mother used to do a baked brie with cranberry relish (yum!!). I love the red title banner, and the red border on photo and recipe card.
    • bellbird
      oh we've done something similar - DD wanted a literal cheese cake for her b'day last year and i think the compromise was this baked in the centre of some puff pastry, the store bought frozen kind - it was cut into radiating strips and twisted a bit so it looked like the sun when it came out of the oven and had pastry dippers ready to go - i hadn't had cooked brie before- love the messy stitching with the recipe card and cluster of ornaments in the bottom right too
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mary kate It is SO delicious, Mary Kate! I always wanted to make a chutney, but never have. They make red and green pepper jelly, which somebody bought one year, but it's a bit too spicy for my taste.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bellbird Yours sounds good too, Justine. This is an absolute show stopper, as I said. It's relatively easy too - just takes some time. I love that it's not hard to make, too.
    • mcurtt
      Looks yummy! Now to try to find a grain-free version...
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt It is SO yummy. Good luck finding a grain free version - I'm sure there's one out there. You can eat cheese, right?
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
    • Electra
      OK, I have save this to my computer, I HAVE to make this! It sounds so yummy and your LO makes it look so yummy!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Electra Oh, you must make it! It's the most fabulous looking thing and not hard to make at all!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    General Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 25, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    226.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).