AliSarah

Your Room!

Your Room!
AliSarah, Jul 15, 2020
Description:
This is for the July 2020 Inspiration Challenge- Chevrons w/Attitude. I made this with a Photos & Chevrons Template by Scrapping with Liz and High Cool by Rachel Jeffries.

This is for Eugene's book, to document the room we have prepared for him. It's not a lot to go on when a teenager tells you he likes black and video games. I couldn't bring myself to paint the room black, but I did paint the bed and dresser black. I also sewed the curtains, and got a really cute round black rug that is so silky soft. All of our doors have chalkboard paint on them, so I also added pictures of where I wrote Eugene's name on the door, and where my son Curtis (shown) wrote Welcome to Eugene's room on the door. This is a change for us, because usually we write the name of the room, like the Space room or Cabin room with Welcome, child's name on the door. This room is different and special because it is just for Eugene!

I offered to show these pics to Eugene, but he says he wants to be surprised when he sees it for the first time, so now you're all in on the secret of what his room looks like!!
LynnG and JenEm like this.
    • Angela Toucan
      fabulous colour scheme for his room and your page
      AliSarah likes this.
    • JenEm
      The black and red together is so striking. You have really created a wonderful space for Eugene. Thank you for sharing this story. Hope everything goes well for Eugene and for your family. :beat
      AliSarah likes this.
    • Dalis
      btw. my 13 yr old thought it was a cool room! LOL!!!
      AliSarah likes this.
    • AliSarah
      I'm so glad!! It's tough looking at it everyday and not knowing if he is going to like it or not!
    • AliSarah
      Update: Eventually, he told me he thought it was childish and kind of lame. So, we painted the orange parts of the wall black, and he used white spray paint to graffiti the black parts of the wall. We added some framed posters of rappers, and switched out the curtains to solid black ones I ordered online. We lost the fru-fru rug. And, the comforter was solid black on the other side, so we flipped it over. He has since added a chair, and his xbox. Now, he loves it, and it's hard to get him to come out of it.

So, yeah...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AliSarah
    Date:
    Jul 15, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    206.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).