mywisecrafts

My Reality

My Reality
mywisecrafts, Jun 22, 2020
Description:
So....I think I might like this whole Art Journaling concept. I've had this layout forming in my head for a few days. I used this as a good opportunity to bridge some deeper conversations with my kiddos. This is a good representation of the various thoughts that are in my head as it relates to "black lives matter." At the end of the day, I still have hope for a brighter and better tomorrow.

For the record, I probably could not recreate this, I did so much blending that I'm not sure I even remember what was blended together... lol.

These are the kits/element that I used:
Inside my Head elements by Paula Kesselring
Hopes & Dreams elements by Little Butterfly Wings
Reality Bites Kit by Lynn Grieveson
Blue Skies Ahead elements from June 2020 BYOC bundle by Rachel Jeffries
Carefree {Word Art} by NBK Designs
Current Mood {Word Art} by NBK Designs
Poppin' Blossoms {Brush Tool} by NBK Designs (awesome for layer masks)
M3/Secret/Mysterious/Fear: Oct '17 papers by Paula Kesselring & Little Butterfly Wings & elements by Little Butterfly Wings from same bundle.

The woman (this is an Asian, Caucasian & Black woman) merged to make one (I did it as a representation of the mix of my children) is from "No Doubt" kit by Chunlin Designs.

MLK overlay, Statue of Liberty silhouette, #equality & black lives matter word art is from "The Struggle is Real" kit by Crafty Button & Victoria Robinson Design.

Fonts: Weather Stamp, Autumn in November, Moon Child CAPS
Lillyia, RJMJ, AJK and 4 others like this.
    • flowersgal
      Stunning art piece. So thoughtful and so powerful. Great message and layout.
    • trekmom
      Amazing and fantastic, love this.
    • KarenB
      Amazing! I love the AJ feel and agree with all of your thoughts. The mixed up face is so powerful and I love your attention to detail. We are living through some huge changes for sure. I am with you on hoping for a better and brighter tomorrow :beat
    • mywisecrafts
      trekmom and KarenB like this.
    • AJK
      Congrats on a super AJ page!!
    • mywisecrafts
      @AJK Thank you so much!
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts ...What An incredible Piece Of Art Work You Have created Here! My Friend!...It Is Powerful!...Moving! & So Much On Point Right Now! For The Times We Are Living In!...Sadly The Struggles For Equality Have Been Going On For Soooo! Long!...Too Long!...This Is Such An Amazing Way To Illustrate How You Feel! & How You Can Show/Teach Your Children Too!...I'm So Proud Of You For Taking A Personal Leap Of Faith!...& Creating A Stunning Art Piece That I Think You Will Remember For Later Times To Come!...It Is Hard To Show All Of Our Inner Feelings To The World! & Even Harder To Put Them On Display! For Everyone To See!...You Did That Here Perfectly!...So! So! Inspirational!!!...You May Have Inspired Me Too!...You Certainly Have Got Me Thinking About A Layout That I Would Like To Create!...It Gave Me Chills Upon First Viewing It!...Brilliant Job!...I Even Showed It To My Boyfriend Ray...[Of 25 Years Now...]...He Just Said WOW!...Everything Is There Completely!...He Even Mentioned Martin Luther King!...This Is One Of My Favorite Martin Luther King Quotes:
      *Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    • mywisecrafts
      @RJMJ THANKYOU for your kind words. This was definitely a deep layout and definitely felt it was important. Plus wanted to show my kiddos there are other ways to get their thoughts out there and to help them understand that everything needs to be viewed from all sides and to not get "stuck" on one view. Yes, LOVE that quote by MLK. :bk
      Lillyia, trekmom and RJMJ like this.
    • Lillyia
      Wow. You poured your heart right out onto that page. Every time I look at it, my emotions deepen because yet another level of your thoughts and feelings are revealed and I feel an even greater connection to your work. If it is true that true art evokes emotions in the viewer, then you have definitely created True Art. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. I think that is brave.
    • mywisecrafts
      @Lillyia Welcome again.... Thank you so much!!!! I did pour my heart out... these are tough conversations to have and I don't verbally share a lot in my head...tend to observe, take in, process, research, form my own opinions....this helped to pave that deeper conversation with the kiddos.
      Lillyia likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    General Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    mywisecrafts
    Date:
    Jun 22, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    219.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).