mywisecrafts

June Muse-Coat Of Arms

June Muse-Coat Of Arms
mywisecrafts, Jun 4, 2020
Description:
My Coat of Arms.

I wanted something unique to me for my coat of arms. This is me coloring completely out of the lines. I love sea turtles and if you look at their shape, it almost resembles that of a coat of arms.
  • Turtles represent longevity, family, wellness, harmony and
  • The turtle’s shape is meant to represent my creativity
  • The Blue of the turtle signifies strength, truth & faith
  • The white background behind the cross and shark teeth signifies truth, sincerity & peace.
  • The Cross in the head represents the strength I draw from my faith/beliefs
  • The left turtle flipper, represents my husband and his Jamaican heritage/roots and where his strength comes from.
  • The right flipper, represents my Asian American roots and the struggles I've overcome to get me to where I'm at. The cherry blossoms also indicate wealth & prosperity.
  • The left leg represents my son & the right leg my daughter. They are a huge reason why I dig deep each day.
  • The shark teeth surrounding the outer edge of the turtle shell, is there for the shelter, guidance and adaptability of my family. It also represent how my husband and I have merged our pasts to become stronger as 1.
  • The hearts down the middle represent the love we have for each other.
  • The top heart is our dog, when days are tough...he's there unconditionally as a listening companion and to be loved on.
  • Everyday requires coffee to get the day going and some days end with a glass of wine to help you get up the next day.
  • The owl, represents our family as my last name is Wisdom, knowledge, and it's there always on the lookout for danger.

Here's all the elements that I used for my coat of arms:

Turtle: Count the Waves kit by Sahlin Studio; color overlay Over the Rainbow Painters Toolbox Colors by NBK Design
Cross: I made with rectangle shapes in Photoshop and applied Bittersweet Painters Tool Box transparent pattern
Left Flipper: Paper is from Reggae Time kit by Clever Monkey Graphics (GingerScraps)
Right Flipper: Paper & Cherry Blossom branch is from Sakura Collection by Forever Joy
Shark Teeth: White background created from Photoshop shapes and the teeth design were created from background texture arrows found in the Bon Voyage Elements pack by Pink Reptile Designs. I applied a Photoshop color overlay in black.
Left back leg: White background created from Photoshop shape & soccer elements are from the Sporty: Soccer kit by Kristin Aagard
Right back leg: White background created from Photoshop shapes and all horse/western elements are from Yee Haw! kit by Kristin Aagard
Owl: Scary Nature by Lynn Grieveson Design
Middle heart: coffee elements are from Coffee O'Clock elements by Pink Reptile Designs & the bottle of wine is from BBQ & Booms: Get Lit by Bella Gypsy Designs​
RJMJ, Dalis, trekmom and 1 other person like this.