mcurtt

2020-05_May-TLP_Slow-Scrap_0529_web

2020-05_May-TLP_Slow-Scrap_0529_web
mcurtt, May 29, 2020
Description:
Pink Reptile Designs - Pure and Simple. Little Butterfly Wings - Just Breathe. Rebecca McMeen - Liana.

Journaling reads: A year before I retired, my beautiful office, as well as others who had offices, were told to vacate. That space was needed for remodeling and a new computer system, fitting 200 more cubicles into an already small area to meet the needs of our new software product. I was forced to live the last 12 months of employment in a 6 foot by 6 foot space. Everyone was in the same situation, so there was lots of camaraderie, much commiseration for all of our fates. After a few weeks, it was almost not too bad, those who had adjourning spaces were decent. we enjoyed our working days as much as we could. But what I had the hardest time adjusting to was the noise. People discussing work, the radios that were at low volume but still able to be heard, the constant chatter. So I asked DH if he had any headphones I could have. He brought up a new pair. They weren’t noise-cancelling, but they fit well over the ears, were padded, comfortable to wear. I brought them to work the next day, and they became my best friend. I found I could listen to podcasts when I was doing something mindless. I listened to scrapbooking podcasts, artsy podcasts, old time radio detective podcasts. They helped to make the day go faster as well as blocking out the background noise. Fast forward to August 2018, I retired! And so I brought my Audio-Technica ATH-MX2 home with me. They have found a place on the bookcase next to my recliner. I continue to use them daily. I plug them into my tablet in the wee hours of the morning when I’m awake and the rest of the world is asleep. I can escape and listen to more podcasts and watch youtube videos, entertainment for me and silence for anyone else in the house. -- photo and journaling from May 29, 2020
KarenB, michele hillam and cinderella like this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      That must have been so difficult. LOVE what you created about those circumstances.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • flowersgal
      I enjoyed reading your journaling about your adventures with the headphones. Great photo blending. I, too, have problems with noise but I also don't like anything over my ears. Nice layout.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Nemla
      I to have earphones, and I definitely get you. They have been my companion on many a late night trip to audiobook ,or tutorial land.
      Great journaling. and I love the large photo.
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    May 29, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    249.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).