Angela Toucan

Childhood Memories - Buttons

Childhood Memories - Buttons
Angela Toucan, May 20, 2020
Description:
This page was inspired by the fabulous buttons set that Lynn has on sale in today's SOSN.
Credits:
Lucille kit by Lynn Grieveson.
Simply Buttoned No. 2 by Lynn Grieveson.
Stitch in Time - Lengths by Lynn Grieveson.
Font: Teacher's Pet.
Page Maps Sketch
Lisa B, trekmom and Dalis like this.
    • cfile
      beautiful mix of papers and love all those buttons you used to accent your button collection.. I think we all have them.. I have a bunch of buttons handed down from my grandmother... interesting. Before they would throw out a shirt no longer useable or anything like that they would clip off all the buttons and save them... I love your collection! I love your journaling Angela and that strip of plaid with stitches to indicate binding... lovely page and composition!!
    • ajm
      Lovely page! Wow, so many buttons!
    • cookingmylife
      I think all mothers of my generation had a button tin. You never wasted anything. As @cfile said, when a piece of clothing wasn't useful and became a rag in my home, all the buttons were clipped. I finally let a friend who used buttons for something, go through the tin for what she wanted and in the end I let her have the tin too. She cherished it as a connection to me and our WWII mothers.
    • Dalis
      OMG. My mom also had her buttons on a biscuit tin a blue one! btw. they were my favorite biscuits, but she only bought them during Christmas holiday.
    • flowersgal
      Love your memories of the buttons. My mother also had a button box which I inherited. My youngest daughter (an artist) begged me for it and I gave it to her. She has made Christmas stockings for our three grandchildren and used buttons from the box on them as mementos. She separated them into small glass jars and has them sitting out in her sewing room both as decoration and for use.
    • Electra
      I grew up with my mother's button box as well. It was the most magical way to spend the time! This is lovely! What a perfect way to document the memory!
    • mcurtt
      Loving the combination of background papers and how you have tied it all together. It reminds me of my fascination with my grandfather's button box (he was a tailor). Mom never had a button box as my grandfather lived in the downstairs flat and grabbed all of the mending that needed to be done. After he passed away (when I was five), I still had that love of his button box. A few years later it was gifted to me. I still have it. So many treasures I found in it, his tailor's thimble, my uncles WWII buttons and medals, safety pins, rhinestone buttons (apparently he also did work for women).
    • Nemla
      Oh you are a girl after my own heart. I am a button fan too. Love the way you scrapped this.
    • LynnG
      I still have a button tin! Not sure if I'll ever have grandchildren ;-) but I will always be keeping it
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    Angela Toucan
    Date:
    May 20, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    153.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).