Claire Grantham

RJ_Textiles_you-plus-me

RJ_Textiles_you-plus-me
Claire Grantham, May 26, 2020
Description:
This was a hard one!!
But I loved doing it.
I was inspired by the cutout, the muted colours throughout the inspiration piece that had just a pop of colour and the quilted, stitched feel.
I wanted my layout to feel like a little piece of a memory quilt - basically imagine my square being only 6x6 - all those little bits would be stitched down, or embroidered on.
I used 100% Rachel Jefferies, a mix of the following kits -
Happiness is Homemade
Let it Go
Be Awesome (retired)
Thuria, Dalis and Tree City like this.
    • Dalis
      OH Claire, but it turned out so amazing!!!!!!!!!! I just love the insane amount of stitches, perfect for that textile challenge.
    • tania
      This is great!! LOVE all that stitching!!
    • ajm
      Such a beautiful page! Love the circle stitch over the label!
    • Claire Grantham
      OMG @Dalis @tania @ajm thank you, thank you. You made my morning!! I was SO nervous about this one. You know being 10 weeks into this Digi scrapping thing, sometimes the challenges can tax my skills.
    • Dalis
      @Claire Grantham the only thing I would keep an eye on is your shadows when you have something stitched. the shadow on that part of the paper like the pink one should be smaller because the stitching is "holding" the paper down. I am not sure what software you are using, but this would be the only thing I would tell you to work on because the rest is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!
    • ArmyGrl
      @Claire Grantham I am going to make an argument that we grow by challenging ourselves. Your pieces is gorgeous in my book....I adore the stitching and how organic your layout looks (I love the color scheme too!). Lord knows I've made some "interesting" layouts by challenging myself in a new style or skill. I do feel bad that a challenge may be difficult...not my intent to be too challenging...but I do hope to get people to think outside of the box....to find inspiration in places they might have otherwise not even looked...and hopefully, to simply find an appreciation in other forms of art.
      Regardless, I am glad you joined the Rachel Jefferies mixed media challenge this month!!
    • mcurtt
      OMG! Did you say 10 weeks? This is totally amazing!!! I love your photo framing, the cute rainbow, the stitching.
    • Claire Grantham
      @mcurtt YES!!! I took up digi scrapping around 28th March. I am primarily a cardmaker - https://hamnmuledesigns.blogspot.com/ and I realised that my house was starting to look like hallmark x2 weeks into lockdown. I had already started doing a small amount of hybrid memory planning. So I did a few PSE tutorials, one of my work colleagues also gave me a 3hr tutorial and BOOM! here we are LOL. Thanks for your comment, much appreciated.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Claire Grantham
      @ArmyGrl I think it's not a challenge if you aren't challenged!! It is one of the reasons I love cardmaking challenges, it makes me a) use my stash in different ways and b) learn new things. I loved the challenge this month, it made me explore paper as a fabric!
    • Claire Grantham
      @Dalis This is a great tip, I am using PSE and just learning about shadows, so this is super handy and matches my concerns around my shadows. Thank you
      Dalis likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    Claire Grantham
    Date:
    May 26, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    98.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).