Cherylndesigns

May Inspiration Challenge

May Inspiration Challenge
Cherylndesigns, May 22, 2020
Description:
lgrieveson_messy_pockets3-2; Paula Kesselring Chameleon Paper Yellow; jj holed up paper blue; rjefferies pocket art buttons, wordbit 5, ribbon 1, nbk e-p messy stitches 1-7.

Journaling reads: We traveled to Wiesbaden, Germany in 1986 and I've never forgotten it. The town was so quaint and we loved wandering in the little shops and drinking coffee, beer and wine in the outdoor cafes. In the evening, we were enchanted by the music and the fun. It was Octoberfest, so things were particularly lively. I remember the grapevines hanging over our heads and the open lattice that let us look up at the stars while we ate. It was a magical place.

We also drove down through The Alps to Austria and stayed in Kufstein. Along the way, we took a cruise down the Rhein on a big riverboat. It was the perfect way to see all of the beautiful old castles and the countryside. I would highly recommend that. We stayed in a lovely, quaint hotel that was privately owned and had a room that was right beside the waterfall in the bottom picture. What a wonderful sound to sleep to and site to wake up to.
paula kesselring and KarenB like this.
    • mcurtt
      Beautiful photos! I'm glad that you are getting them scanned in. If you are like me, you get to experience it all over again when you create a page. I also appreciated that you included the journaling. :-)
    • flowersgal
      Wonderful memories in your journaling. Made me think of some of our trips in that part of the world. Those photos work so well in the pocket template. I need to dig out some of my pre-digital photos and scan them in to create some travel pages of long-ago trips.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks, Marilyn! Yes, I'm totally experiencing the wonderful time we had!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal Thanks, Patsy. This is the beauty of pocket pages! You can take some so-so pictures and they look great in pocket pages! :) I'm enjoying the experience all over again.
    • Angela Toucan
      superb photos and journaling
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Angela Toucan Thanks so much, Angela! That means a LOT because these are slides that I've been scanning myself. It's a pretty tedious process, but I'm happy with the quality on most of them.
    • cookingmylife
      @Cherylndesigns Thanks for mentioning the tediousness of slide scanning . :dizzy I have a couple of carousels (remember those?)from early in my 1st marriage, late 60s. I did some a decade or two ago, and then gave up. But I do have a European trip from back then that 'should' be documented! You are an inspiration to me with this page.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @cookingmylife Oh yes, Maureen, I still have those carousels! I'm glad I'm inspiring you to scan yours. I should gather them up and take them to a professional, but it's pretty expensive. The price has come down significantly though since I first looked into it. Believe it or not, I'm scanning these on my iPhone! My sister ran across an app that she thought I might like. I'm having better luck scanning with them my phone than I ever did trying to do it on my scanner. The app is called Slide Scan. Here's what it looks like https://apps.apple.com/us/app/slidescan-slide-scanner-app/id1485358131
    • LynnG
      I was there for the first time around the same time :-) I love your page. With you on the slide scanning. Are you using an app? I used to scan them with a scanner but will be looking into using a phone app in future!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @LynnG Thanks so much, Lynn! It's a beautiful place, isn't it? I used a scanner app on my iPhone. Here's a link to the App Store - it's called Slide Scan. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/slidescan-slide-scanner-app/id1485358131 It's kind of tedious, but when you buy the program, it comes with a link that turns your computer into a "white screen". You hold the slide in front of that and scan it with your phone. There's definitely a learning curve, but it's very cool! Let me know if you try it. The quality is really good! Oh, one more thing - I learned the hard way - be sure to really dust your slides if they're old. I had mine in protected containers and they still had dust on them. It really shows up on your scans.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    May 22, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    205.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).