dotcomkari

Staying Connected

Staying Connected
dotcomkari, Apr 6, 2020
Description:
Kman, sending you away to a group home was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. But I truly believe I had your best interests at heart. Your behaviors were becoming too hard for us to control. You were a danger to yourself and the community around you. You had become banned from school for violent outbursts and your own little sister had become afraid of you. Your needs are complicated. A part of me wanted to keep you here with us, but we could no longer do it. I know you are receiving the help you need, thriving in your new environment and the staff there has the special skills to help you cope with your complex emotions. All of me knows that all I have ever wanted for you was for you to be safe, happy and loved. And boy, you are loved so much. These past few months have been hard apart but I am so happy to be able to still chat with you via skype and telephone and write you letters in the mail! And sometimes even you surprise me with a small letter back! I am so happy that we live in a day an age where there are so many amazing ways to stay connected even miles apart. It makes my heart skip a beat knowing I can tell you that I love you and how proud I am of you. I cannot wait till you are home with us again, but until then.. we will stay connected. I love you so much Kman! And I am proud of you.

Rachel Jefferies and On a Whimsical Adventure: Never Enough Hours
M3 Sept 2019
LynnG and justPattyAnne like this.
    • AJK
      Ohhhh. I can hear your heart. Having had to give up an adopted child, and now the long experience of cancel culture from grands, I wish I could hug you. Sounds like you are finding a path to peace. it is a daily task, yes? I hear hope in your journaling! Amen!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • tania
      Sometimes the hardest thing as a parent is knowing someone else can help them better then we can, that was so brave of you. Thanks for sharing your story. This page is amazing!!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • dotcomkari
      @AJK i see how much progress he is making.. and the last few home visits he has been a completely different little man. so we know we made the right choice for kai
    • sharonb
      Wow- heartwrenching to say the least but so happy he is making progress for everyone. Thanks for sharing!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      Thank you for sharing your story...and of course much love for your layout. Your arty style is a wonderful way to paint a picture and express emotion. Overall, there is definitely a positive vibe here.
    • ashleywb
      This must have been such a difficult decision for you. I'm so glad that you feel confirmed that it was the right one. Such a sweet letter to receive and I love the way you've scrapped it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Apr 6, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    235.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).