rebecca_Hudson_LeafSwirl
rebecca_Hudson_Leaf1
rebecca_Hudson_Paper3
rebecca_Hudson_GrungeCollage2_2
rebecca_Hudson_FlowerBud1
Photos: selfies by me
Fonts: Impact and DJB Miss Liz
Journaling
Most of my grown up years I have worn my hair very short and straight. Dave, in fact, always preferred it that way. One day a friend and I were complaining about all we had to go through to maintain hair. I had to get mine cut every 5 weeks, and after every washing, had to blow dry it straight. Her husband asked why I kept fighting the natural curl. Light bulb moment! From then on, I either let my hair air dry, or used a diffuser to encourage the curls. When I postponed a haircut for a few weeks I was sure Dave would prefer I kept it short, but he surprised me by saying he thought it looked cute longer. I know that by most standards, my hair would still be considered short. But this is long for me, and it sure is nice to save the money that such frequent trips to the salon cost. I have begun to like the look too. In my 70s, I don’t care so much what others think, so as long as Captain Romance likes it, I’m down with it!
MrsPeel likes this.
    • sharonb
      Sharron...it does look very good now- you are so right...don't fight the curl...it is too hard.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      Now I know! Thanks ShaRon. OH! just realized I should have mentioned that I have ALWAYS had bangs! Grew them out too!
    • flowersgal
      Well @SharLamb I think the curls make you look younger. I'm sure it will take some getting used to but I think you will enjoy the easy maintenance and grow to love it.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      I love the new you! Life is too short to blow dry your hair straight. I am all for curls!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • LynnG
      I love the curls! You look great and definitely younger :-)
      SharLamb likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      I think you look great either way.... but I LOVE the curly and natural!!!!! the page is awesome, love the way you put together the whole thing and is such a wonderful thing to get to know you even more, I could keep going (you know I love you and admire you!!!) but time is very short.... still, need to share!!!!!
      into the April Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      You are so sweet. Thank you for the FF! :bk
    • SeattleSheri
      Your new style really suits you! I love your wavy hair. I very rarely straighten my hair (mostly because I'm lazy, lol).
      SharLamb likes this.
    • emjaytee
      Your layout is really pretty, I love the gorgeous title! But the main thing I want to say is that you look amazing - I think you look a LOT younger with your new hairdo. Seriously, at least 10 years younger. And as someone with dead straight hair who used to pay a fortune to get it permed back in the 80s and 90s, I say..... embrace the curl!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • AJK
      Sharron, I too join the go for curls club!! And the photos of myself that are seen here at tlp are the handful of hundreds (literally) taken that actually turned out ok. I tend to make strange expressions or have distorted angles in front o a camera! LOL! So I really like this page- AND that it had nothing about the one thing we hear of too much daily! :crazy3:bk
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Apr 3, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    113.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).