Cherylndesigns

February Monthly Muse Week 3 Trees

February Monthly Muse Week 3 Trees
Cherylndesigns, Feb 17, 2020
Description:
I love Banyan Trees. I recently took these pictures of the Banyan Tree at Jupiter, Florida when we went to visit the lighthouse. There are 2 pictures of the Banyan Tree blended in at the bottom of the layout. They always remind me of a city. They're the most fascinating tree I've ever seen. They are native to India and Thomas Edison brought one to SW Florida to his winter home.

Credits: lgrieveson_weathered_landscapes_2_4; TCC-RATL-faithword9, 7; https://the-lilypad.com/store/reflections-at-the-lake-wordart.html TCC-Collage Script Overlay https://the-lilypad.com/store/CollageScriptOverlays01.html lbw_F2BM-wordart.
Electra, tape and trekmom like this.
    • wombat146
      Fascinating is right! These trees remind me of our native fig trees which have similar buttress type trunks and I also can imagine them as miniature dwellings! Love that you included both photos, the bottom one to show off their stunning smooth bark and top one showing off their stately arching branches! Amazing layout and love the overlays you have used as well Cheryl! Such a wonderfully perfect page!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @wombat146 Thanks so much, Ona. They are actually from the fig tree family. When we were in Jupiter (where the lighthouse is), they had signs up with their botanical name and it is fig "something". They're called Banyans everywhere else, and that was the first time I had seen them listed as part of the fig tree family. The largest Banyan in the Continental US was at Edison's winter home here in Ft. Myers. The last hurricane we had here took a large portion of it out. Everybody was just sick about it. Thanks for the challenge.
      wombat146 likes this.
    • Dady
      Just beautiful!
    • Electra
      I love how you did this! It's thought-provoking and beautiful all at once.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Electra Thanks so much. I think this is one of my favorites and it honestly just "came together". I love when that happens. :fairydance
    • mcurtt
      I remember the banyan tree at Edison's home when we visited there so many years ago. These photos are striking!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt That was the first Banyan tree I'd ever seen - at The Edison Estate - and I was awestruck! I still am - thanks for your comments.
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Feb 17, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    105.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).