amandac

MOC8 January 31 - The End Challenge

amandac, Feb 8, 2020
Description:
I will admit to blubbering like a baby journaling this ..... not ashamed, it felt cathartic
Journaling:
This is the last photo that I have of Pippi.
My beautiful, sweet fur baby passed away on Friday afternoon the 13th September 2019. Her poor heart finally gave out, 8 long months after her initial diagnosis. That morning she had gone to the vets to have surgery to drain the excess fluid from her chest cavity. When I picked her up she seemed like a new dog! She had a little walk around the yard and then climbed the stairs by herself (I normally had to carry her up and down) and I was thrilled thinking that I would have more time with her. But sadly, within 35 minutes of this last photo being taken, while I was picking Tasha up from school she had collapsed. Tasha and I rushed her back to the vets, crying our eyes out (I’m not sure how I didn’t crash the car) but she didn’t regain consciousness again. David, her Vet, said she had gone into heart failure and so she passed away held in our arms. Part of my heart passed with her. I know she isn’t struggling anymore but I miss her so very much. I wish I could have just one more day with my furry baby, because this grainy photo is the only record I have of the last time I ever saw her beautiful eyes looking at me.

Credits:
Little Butterfly Wings - All dogs go to heaven
Little Butterfly Wings – black and white elements
Pink Reptile Designs – Simple Things Alpha
Silent Battles: Stress – Bundle by Rachel Jefferies
KarenB likes this.
    • KarenB
      This was so hard to read. But what a beautiful tribute page. I hope it has been therapeutic for you. I love it :beat
      amandac and trekmom like this.
    • trekmom
      heartbreaking and beautiful, a wonderful tribute to your sweet, precious pup.
      amandac likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    amandac
    Date:
    Feb 8, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).