Eyes of a Child (MOC #27)
angiekey, Jan 30, 2020
Description:
Created for MOC 8 #27 - Paintstroke Picture. Supplies used include:
MOC8 Painter's Toolbox | NBK Designs
Template from Fresh Cut: Gerbera | Sara Gleason
Springscape | LBW & Studio Basic
Stylin' #157 - Chip & Stick | Mommyish

Focal point photo created with paintstroke5, paintstroke9, paintstroke10 (soft light) and gesso-paints9, gesso-paints8 (linear burn)
MrsPeel and Dalis like this.
    • Dalis
      Is it because of the texture on the face? YOu could "erase down" some of it, if you wanted to.
    • angiekey
      @Dalis - no, I'm okay with how this wound up. I was trying to use a photograph of my husband and I in Hawaii, and when I brushed in the texture, it either made areas of the photograph too dark or blew out the highlights if I went with a different blend mode. I finally figured out I'd be happiest with a black-and-white image. It'll take me doing some more playing in Photoshop to figure out how to get color images so I'm happy with them, but right now, done is better than perfect. Thank you for challenging me to play!
      Dalis likes this.
    • Dalis
      Not sure if this would have helped, but here it goes. Sometimes you can't do anything other than use a vector mask to introduce the blend modes in just certain areas.

1. Grab one of these gesso pieces (or two or three, LOL!!!) and add them on top of your picture. These gesso pieces are in the painstroke folder as part of the mini kit.

[​IMG]

2. Duplicate your picture and now put the copy ABOVE the layer with the gesso.
      3. Change the blend mode of the TOP picture to SOFT LIGHT. Voila that should make it work.
    • MrsPeel
      this is beyond awesome!!!!!! love how your brush strokes look here, lovely photo and the whole page shines with that awesome quote!!! [​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    angiekey
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    209.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).