kimingvtx

MOC 26 Youer Than You

MOC 26 Youer Than You
kimingvtx, Jan 27, 2020
Description:
Background and cluster from template Raise Your Glass Dressed Up by Fiddle Dee Dee

Paper, alpha, and elements from Pink Reptile Design Love the Life you Live except for the lipstick tube.

Lipstick tube from Pink Reptile Design In My Purse

Journaling -- (170 words according to google.docs)
When I was a child, I often saw my mom run to her bathroom to put on lipstick late in the afternoon. She never left the house without lipstick. My dad, who loved my mother with or without lipstick, came home from work at around 5:00pm. Like clockwork, an internal signal went off in my mom around 4:45. That is when she went to her bathroom to put on lipstick. She wanted to look nice for my dad.

I try to remember to put on lipstick too, but I am not as diligent as my mom. Sometimes I take a selfie and look at it and can hear her saying to me “for pity’s sake, put on some lipstick.” I always think of her when I put on lipstick. She moved to heaven a few years ago and is with my dad, but she still “speaks” to me….especially when I don’t have on any lipstick!

You know what -- she was right! I do look better with lipstick!
gonewiththewind likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      I do love you with the lipsticks and what a great color on you too...my dad was the opposite, if my mom would put on lipstick, he would ask her to take it off!
      kimingvtx likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      OH my! My mom has a lipstick addiction as well! She would reapply several times a day, always red, and any time she left the house! You are beautiful with or without it! I adore your selfies and this awesome page!
      kimingvtx likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      Both my mom and my grandmother were/are eternal lipstick wearers too! I was until I had kids and then it would get smeared all over them with my perpetual kisses, so now it's more occasional. That lipstick color looks great on you! Love your selfies :heartlub
      kimingvtx likes this.
    • gonewiththewind
      Hi! As I'm running out of time before the final MOC8 deadline, I'm stopping quickly to let you know that your layout meets the Youer Than You Challenge requirements. I'll be back later to really enjoy reading your page and at that time I'll leave you a lovely comment. :) Thanks for being patient and thanks for playing in my challenge! ((HUGS)) Cheryl
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    kimingvtx
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count: