Pachimac

MOC_26-2020 I Don't Always Look Like This...

MOC_26-2020 I Don't Always Look Like This...
Pachimac, Jan 27, 2020
Description:
Word art, black rain clouds, background: "Life is: Feeling Blue"
paper bits: "Citroen" Elements
Border: "Turn the Page" Collab

Journaling: 196 words
Selfies and I are a weird thing. Sometimes we are the best of friends and I get a really good picture. Most of the time, I find myself taking 20-30 shots to get one that I like. I have been self conscious about doing them because a few years ago, a very dear long time friend ended our friendship, and one of the parting shots she had was about how people who are on social media and take lots of selfies are self important narcissists and I need to re-evaluate and see just how egotistical I am. I was hurt to the bone, and didn't do selfies for a while. Then I realized that stopping gives HER the power over me. I'm not her victim anymore. SOOO, this picture is also a victory, because I rarely if EVER let a sick selfie go through, but here I am. I'm tired of coughing, I'm tired of sleeping on the couch, and I'm tired of people judging me who know nothing about who I am. So yeah, I don't always look like this, but if I do, what business is it of anyone's to judge me for it?

Font: 1942 Report
    • IntenseMagic
      I absolutely adore your journaling! Perfection! But I'm with ya, it takes me at least 20-30 to get one I like! Such a shame about your former friend. I don't know why people feel the need to be so judgmental! Anyway, hope you feel better soon!!! This is such a wonderful page and great photo!!
    • AnneofAlamo
      I am beating my drum of victory with you! I have like 10 photos of my mom, she was behind the camera...I take a million of her now...she hates it, kinda...lol, but I taught her the selfie, and she sends them and I love everyone..I love you took the power and added more zest to it!
    • SeattleSheri
      Get well soon!! You have the most striking eyes! I'm so jealous. Sorry you're sick and that your friend was a jerk, but glad you got to make a lovely page :heartlub
    • bellbird
      i can't believe what your friend said, well i can believe it but i also can't believe it, y'know. i love that you participated though, sick as you feel and got this story out, and hope you are feeling your happy healthy self again soon!
    • gonewiththewind
      Hi! As I'm running out of time before the final MOC8 deadline, I'm stopping quickly to let you know that your layout meets the Youer Than You Challenge requirements. I'll be back later to really enjoy reading your page and at that time I'll leave you a lovely comment. :) Thanks for being patient and thanks for playing in my challenge! ((HUGS)) Cheryl
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Jan 27, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    275 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).